• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pick Your Model!!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
True. I'm sure there are natural hub areas like Akron OH that will be utilized. After some production/customer data, they may find, for instance, (and don't kill me here. This is just an example) that most people prefer the automatic with cloth seats bluetooth nav/radio, and Elgin dash (ha ha) so they could ship most out with those "options" and make mods from there as needed.

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they do this distribution/ regional hub thing then it seems like they would have to have a lot of Elios on site already built except for the options? I don't think it will be like that. I think all the options will be done to each individual EE as it rolls down the line...one station will be "radio" the barcode is scanned and the "dude" does the radio, or not, or the upgrade radio, and so on. If you pick out all the options for your vehicle early in the day they could have it done before quitting and have it on the road to you through the night. You'd get it the "next" day.
Other wise there is too much product being held at the distribution centers(that I took to mean the sales center).

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think we need to contact Elio and find out as this is an interesting question.[/quote]

The 60 leading market sites is their straegy model for the luanch & the logistics have
been developing since 2008. It's a 'lego blocks' senario for sure & will be the least of their problems. I put the 250mil investment needed to launch as primary.......
PS: I plan to do the factory tour & pick-up...... :)

Last edited:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully, as Elio approaches actual production many of the distribution centers will have been established and ready to accept the first production models. As it now stand we will have one in the state of New Mexico (Albuquerque). After waiting all this time I can certainly wait a few more days for it to be shipped from the factory to the Albuquerque center. We still don't know how they will handle installation of options/upgrades. Let's hope that by this fall Elio will dispel all our concerns about distribution centers.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully, as Elio approaches actual production many of the distribution centers will have been established and ready to accept the first production models. As it now stand we will have one in the state of New Mexico (Albuquerque). After waiting all this time I can certainly wait a few more days for it to be shipped from the factory to the Albuquerque center. We still don't know how they will handle installation of options/upgrades. Let's hope that by this fall Elio will dispel all our concerns about distribution centers.
Where did you get the info on an Albuquerque distribution center? I may have missed something. I'm in Albuquerque... I wonder where it will be.

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's how I see what Elio Motor will introduce or announce close to the actual production run. They will come up with 3 models: Model E (for Elio), Model EL (for leather trim) and Model EL Sport. Here's their package:

MODEL E - P5 style and 6 color choices
Features:
A/C
3 air bags
Power windows, lock and steering
Am/Fm Stereo
Heater, Defrost
Tempered glass
Cloth seats
Power plant: All aluminum 0.9L 3 cy engine
Single overhead cam, 2 valve /cy
Variable valve lift technology
Sequential port fuel injection
5 speed manual or 6 speed automatic
60 hp, 55 ft/lb torque
84 mpg
0-60 in 9.6 sec.
Est. price: $6,800. plus applicable tax

MODEL EL - P5 style and 6 color choices
Features:
Same as Model E (except the seats and stereo) plus:
Cruise control
Satellite Am/Fm radio w/ cd player
Navigation system w/ bluetooth technology
Premium leather seats and steering wheel
USB ports for charging
Power Plant: Same as Model E
Est. price: $ ??. plus applicable tax

MODEL EL SPORT - P5 style and 8 color choices
Features:
All features found on E and EL models plus:
Custom wheels and fenders
Sunroof
Carbon fiber trim on instrumentation panels
Stripe racing paint schemes on the hood and sides
Fog lights
Power plant: Available double overhead cam, 4 valve/cy
All aluminum 0.9 3 cy. engine
Turbo charged and intercooled
100 hp, 98 ft/lb torque
0-60 in 5 sec.
Est. price: $ ??. plus applicable tax
I like the way Paul Elio plans to do it. Item by item.

Top Bottom