• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pictures, A Question?

saint451

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
A picture is worth 1000 words.
I love seeing all the pictures that everyone has posted.'
It is just time consuming to go through all the threads, I am still trying to catch up.
I have seen actual pictures members took from the Elio showings, pictures from news, and some of my favorites, the ones members make of the different colors, shapes, skins, themes, etc.

To our wonderful Moderators...
Is there any way to just put a gallery on the forum?

This is where all the pictures could collect. No nudity, profanity, only pictures of Elio's and Elio accessories..

I am not a web page producer person, just a user, so that is why I ask the question.
And if it does exists already...then please tell me how to use it to view the pictures and such without reading all the threads or reading them again so review some I have seen.
If someone already suggested this....I have not read the thread yet!
I plan to take plenty of pictures when I go to the event in New Orleans late Aug.
I will post what I can in threads, but would love to be able to go to a spot to show case them.
Thanks.

Last edited:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A picture is worth 1000 words.
I love seeing all the pictures that everyone has posted.'
It is just time consuming to go through all the threads, I am still trying to catch up.
I have seen actual pictures members took from the Elio showings, pictures from news, and some of my favorites, the ones members make of the different colors, shapes, skins, themes, etc.

To our wonderful Moderators...
Is there any way to just put a gallery on the forum?

This is where all the pictures could collect. No nudity, profanity, only pictures of Elio's.

I am not a web page producer person, just a user, so that is why I ask the question.
And if it does exists already...then please tell me how to use it to view the pictures and such without reading all the threads or reading them again so review some I have seen.
If someone already suggested this....I have not read the thread yet!
I plan to take plenty of pictures when I go to the event in New Orleans late Aug.
I will post what I can in threads, but would love to be able to go to a spot to show case them.
Thanks.
I know what you mean, saint451. I believe it has been mentioned in the past but I suspect it must be an overwhelming task to collect all those pictures in one place from all the many places they are now posted. I know I have trouble simply importing pictures. Sometimes the image is there before I post and not after I post. It is the ideal project for some retired person who knows how to do this and has nothing better to do with their time. Then we would have to hope everyone thinks to post to that forum before they post their pictures. Having this particular forum should have accomplished it but it has not. Anyone else out there have a brilliant idea that will work? Our moderators are all young and work so we can't expect them to do anything more than set up a forum for that purpose. I do know they occasionally move threads from one forum to another more appropriate one but moving 7+ months worth of pictures from all over the place will be a major undertaking. If I knew how I would volunteer but I tried to send a photo of a name tag I designed to Okuma Steve and when I went back to see my post the picture was not there. I have no idea what I did wrong so I can't even correct my mistake. Very frustrating! :-) Z

msmith5150

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well if the mods created a thread to put all the pics the first post in the thread could be a call out to all those that have posted pics to repost them in the special pic thread. Then they could pin the thread so it always stays on top.

saint451

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wasn't expecting the moderators or anyone to pull them from the threads, just create the place (gallery) for pictures only. Then, those that have good pictures would either repost or as people obtain some to post. They can put them on the gallery, thread, or both. I don't have a picture or something I created to even try to post. It can be a hard task for those of us computer challenged. I know that all this takes up space and that too can be a problem.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
thTQ7X9RNG.jpg
:confused:
ME!:D

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
The XenForo software this site uses has several photo gallery add-on options available, so that's not a problem. However, depending on the hosting company all of the photos may make the site expensive to run, though by no means as expensive as my own site was at it's peak.... 12TB of user posted videos!

saint451

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forums to me are supposed to be fun, informative and friendly.
I enjoy reading, learning, looking.

New people join all the time and like me, can get lost in the threads, because of a large number of comments to the threads. A question gets asked and someone says check post such and such or someone says I think it is on thread so and so.

I think it is just the way forums are done.
So let's be different like the Elio.
Auto delete threads after 3 months. Everything in them.

When a thread gets ready to auto delete, It highlights itself, lets people know it's going away, read it, enjoy it and let it go.
We all want to know things, but what happens with the P-1 model is history.

It's okay to ask the same questions, someone that "knows" the answer just repeat an answer and it may have the new updated information...like real teachers have to do! There are some fantastic threads in here, enjoyed them very much. But like family that stays too long, at some point, needs to go.

And this will save on the memory space, I think.

Disclaimer: This just came to me, not well thought out, my mind did it, I am just the typist. I have no real input on the Elio except what I have read from posts and checked out from links on the posts. I will have my own real info late Aug. after seeing the Elio in New Orleans.
Okay, have fun with this one!

2.ooohhh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Honestly the best way to 'collect all the elio photos' from the forum would be something like a flickr group. That way they are hosted off site but can be referenced/browsed/searched by anyone.

As for deleting threads I try not to delete any(other than spam) on any of the forums I manage. It breaks links in newer threads referencing the older threads, and you never really know what the value of a thread will be long term. Some simple DIY posts I made 10 years ago on another car forum are still referenced as the "go-to" information for forum members on those particular topics even though at the time I thought they would surely be left behind by now.

For anyone that's interested I created a group.

Last edited:

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just a thought.
If you don't sign up to be a member of this forum, the only way you can post pictures or other tidbits, is to add on to an existing thread. You can not start your own thread, so anyone who is not a member will post whatever on the thread they happen to be looking at as a reply. Since I'm not a member, color me,
guilty

Top Bottom