• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Polaris Continues To Improve The Slingshot...

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
1F86D31E-B926-4FD8-8864-04DCBB59AFC0.jpeg
Obviously the Polaris Slingshot has had plenty of design & quality
control issues...

But...they continue to update and refine the product...the 2018 Grand Touring LE Edition is a head turner!!!

I think the Slingshot is a very cool low production niche concept...you have to give them credit for bringing it to market!

https://slingshot.polaris.com/en-us/slingshot-gt-le/

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With the Elio coming in at 3X less any EV out there and the Slingshot is not really a full year vehicle along with at single rear wheel drive problem, I wonder how much longer Polaris will keep making the Slingshot.

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With the Elio coming in at 3X less any EV out there and the Slingshot is not really a full year vehicle along with at single rear wheel drive problem, I wonder how much longer Polaris will keep making the Slingshot.

In my opinion...the Slingshot is a high profile playtoy...sort of a Harley Davidson substitute...it was never designed to be practical...the Elio and Slingshot buyers would never overlap...

I’ve driven a Slingshot...lots of fun on the open road...but not very practical in traffic...they are rather quick!!!

I have no idea how many Slingshots are sold... it can’t appeal to a very wide demographic...Sunday pleasure crusier at best...

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here’s the printed disclaimer that every Slingshot advertisement has...

“Slingshot® is a three-wheeled motorcycle. It is not an automobile and does not meet automotive safety standards. Drivers should always wear helmets and seat belts. Drivers may need a valid motorcycle license or endorsement – check state operator licensing laws”

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There's a guy down the street that has one. He bought it because his wife is tired of riding on the back of his motorcycle. I took a ride in it and it's pretty much a play toy. I can see why it would be better choice as opposed to having some old English car that would probably break down. There must be a club around here because this past summer they had a party at their house and there must of been 30 of those parked on the street. I think every one of them are customized in some way which makes sense because that's typical of the motorcycle riders too. He did buy an exhaust for it and wants me to help him install it after our Nor Easter season is done.

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
92F248D8-468D-449E-9EB7-058EF78F8EA6.jpeg
9149ACB3-EF13-45D8-9878-3959CE117757.jpeg
Interesting photos of a Slingshot that has been converted to dual rear wheels...

It’s a bolt on kit...

Last edited:
Top Bottom