• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Poll ---- Your interest in an electric Elio ?

Are you likely to be in the market for such a vehicle ?

• YES

Votes: 39 45.9%
  • NO

Votes: 46 54.1%

• Total voters

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Elio Motors has announced they plan to bring a electric reverse trike to market in or around 2023 with a projected sticker price of around $14,000

Rabrandt99

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love electric vehicles and was looking forward to an Electric Elio, especially if it could come close to the specs of something like the Aptera (250 or more miles) and so the promised specs fall a little short.

So if it comes down to an Electric Elio with 150 mile range or no Elio at all, I'd take the Elio-E. If both the Elio-E and G somehow come to fruition, I may just take the G for the longer range and hope that a second generation E gets better specs.

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I love electric vehicles and was looking forward to an Electric Elio, especially if it could come close to the specs of something like the Apetera (250 or more miles) and so the promised specs fall a little short.

So if it comes down to an Electric Elio with 150 mile range or no Elio at all, I'd take the Elio-E. If both the Elio-E and G somehow come to fruition, I may just take the G for the longer range and hope that a second generation E gets better specs.
Ditto

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
one of the things that originally attracted us to an Elio is using it for pleasure cruising alone and with groups .... the few projections we have seen for an electric Elio aren't promising
(not actually saying this for JBar, he knows about all these talking points, I'm just keeping the poignant details close at hand )

Yes, that is because the early reservations were skewed toward those who had play-money for recreational uses. My own estimations about commuters were that there were many more of them, but they don't like to put money down until purchase time.

As for me? I will take either, but I would like to have an option to drive longer trips, mostly just my wife and me. But I, and especially she, cannot drive more than 3 to 5 hours without taking a long break. (My wife also gave up her license.) So if I got an EV, I would look into hacking for extended battery packs. Or maybe a power trailer. Or, hopefully by then, the 10minute charge cycle is possible.

I would have considered an ElectraMechanica Solo, except the layout is not all that hot for long-fast-wet highways(small footprint and RWD).
And 'solo'? and slow?

I think BEX might have an EV out before Elio will. If he has 4 doors using those existing side panels/doors and existing parts, I would much-much prefer that.

Top Bottom