• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Power Seat

Texan

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Seems like I received a poll from Elio on options and one was a 6 way power and heated seat. Since I will be sitting the entire time I am in the car, and have back issues, a fully adjustable power seat is a highly desirable option and one of the few I would pay extra for. However, on the new build your own or whatever it is called on the Elio page to build your Elio, a seat is an obvious option that is left out. I can do without carpet, "wraps", chin spoilers, retro wheels (especially since the fender skirts cover most of the wheel anyway), but I definitely will look for an after market seat if they don't offer one.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seems like I received a poll from Elio on options and one was a 6 way power and heated seat. Since I will be sitting the entire time I am in the car, and have back issues, a fully adjustable power seat is a highly desirable option and one of the few I would pay extra for. However, on the new build your own or whatever it is called on the Elio page to build your Elio, a seat is an obvious option that is left out. I can do without carpet, "wraps", chin spoilers, retro wheels (especially since the fender skirts cover most of the wheel anyway), but I definitely will look for an after market seat if they don't offer one.
They'll offer one. The Configurator is constantly changing. They just haven't finalized all the options yet. There WILL be a powered seat... heated too, if you like... probably cooled as well.

And, welcome to the forum!

Texan

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I'll keep my fingers crossed. In the meantime, what is a removable radio and why would I want one? Is the faceplate removable? Some explanations on the options would be nice. And why do they thing we need "infortanment" when we are driving? Bluetooth so you can answer the phone hands free makes sense, but let's cut the distractions, not add more.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll keep my fingers crossed. In the meantime, what is a removable radio and why would I want one? Is the faceplate removable? Some explanations on the options would be nice. And why do they thing we need "infortanment" when we are driving? Bluetooth so you can answer the phone hands free makes sense, but let's cut the distractions, not add more.
I agree. Fewer distractions. The removable radio has built in speakers so you can listen on the go... Not my thing and I don't understand the need but it's there. Removable faceplates on radios were such a stupid thing back in the day. You knew everyone just kept it under the seat anyway. So, thieves could just look in, see a radio with no face, assume it must be decent and take a chance that it's under the seat. Now, the fake A/C Vent cover that went over the radio was brilliant! :rolleyes:

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver

Hey Texan, welcome to the forum! :cool:

Taking a step back... Elio Motors is offering individual options, so that you can buy what you want and leave off the ones that you don't. The current option packages by carmakers require you to buy many options to get the ones you want, meaning you pay for things you don't want.

So with that in mind, not sure why you are wondering why you might want some of the options that EM is offering. If you don't want an option, don't buy it. If you feel an option is a distraction, don't buy it.

If you have questions on the options they are listing, send an email to EM. Or post questions on this forum, and if they've been answered already, we'll help you find the answer. A reminder: no one on this forum works for Elio Motors, we are just all enthusiasts. :D

If you think of an option you'd like to see EM offer, let them know that too!

Top Bottom