• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Presto 22-inch Electric Griddle

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
for a good while now I've toyed with the idea of buying a portable griddle .... in the last couple of years I've camped near folks who use Blackstone gas griddles and they seem to enjoy them .... we anticipate using the griddle mostly while traveling and on outings with our camping club, so over time 2 considerations came to the forefront .... those being size/weight and propane/electric .... after rereading this forum's BlackStone Griddle thread ===> https://www.myrvtalk.com/forum/rv-lifestyles/cooking/386031-blackstone-griddle and reviewing numerous YouTube Videos we decided to go with a highly rated electric .... Blackstone does make a good electric griddle but for our use, its simply too bulky ... eventually we've decided to order a Presto 22-inch Electric Griddle ===> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FYF3OY?ref=ppx_pt2_dt_b_prod_image ..... we found the 5 Star Amazon, rating based on 25,225 responses to be exceptional .... its easily removable legs makes it much less bulky to store with is a very good thing for use with our camper .... another attractive feature is its cooking surface can be submerged in water .... what that means is after unplugging its power cord we can leave it out over night and not worry about rain .... it should be here sometime today and we are looking forward to reading any recipes that may come with it

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I use the Blackstone 2 burner. A while back my wife and I were at a Harvest Host and in this pic, was searing Tuna and cooking Broccoli. As you can see this was in a corn field. I like the Blackstone but my only complaint is that the gas receptacle sticks outside of the unit. Thus you must be careful when storing it (I use a cut off piece of tubing to protect it). They literally could have made it like my 40 year old Coleman two burner stove where it's in the confines of the outer perimeter, thus will not get damaged. I use the small cans and also have a tap into the propane for the RV, so I can use that too.
blackstone.JPG

As for what you are getting, I cant wait to see the review. I have put in a 4000W inverter charger and solar on the roof. I now have lots of capacity for electric and having another option would be great.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Blackstone makes several lines of outstanding griddles .... the published specs on yours are 22.5" Long X 19"Wide X 9" Thick and weighs 32 lbs so its cooking area is a bit larger than ours .... Blackstone has one electric model that we took a long, hard took at .... I have no doubt it is a really fine unit .... below are pictures of our new griddle .... with its legs, electric cord, and grease tray removed for storage it measures 22 1/4" Long X 12"Wide X 1" Thick .... the difference in size and weight fits much better into our needs .... time will tell as to how it cooks .... we plan to test it Thursday and again over the weekend and are really looking forward to seeing how it performs

Attachments

• 220227 001 arrived 001.jpg
    220227 001 arrived 001.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 220227 001 arrived 002.jpg
    220227 001 arrived 002.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 106
  • 220227 001 arrived 003.jpg
    220227 001 arrived 003.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 220227 001 arrived 004a.jpg
    220227 001 arrived 004a.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 220227 002 removable legs  001a.jpg
    220227 002 removable legs 001a.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 220227 002 removable legs  002.jpg
    220227 002 removable legs 002.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 104

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can’t wait for the review. I have been looking for an electric one and wanted to see a real world experience on one. I have the room to store a unit like that as there are times when I need something super easy to set up and go for just one or two of us in a jiffy.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
it took a good bit of looking but I believe I've found a reasonably priced set of grill tools to use on the nonstick surface of our Presto Griddle .... as usual I started looking on Amazon and found that they have pages of tools to use when cooking on metal griddles .... but pitifully few for nonstick surfaces .... knowing that Blackstone's E-series has such a surface, I finally thought to check for any being sold under the Blackstone trademark .... BINGO .... I found their E-Series 3 piece Griddle Tool Kit which contains 2 spatulas and 1 set of tongs .... as noted, the set isn't sold by Amazon but I was happy to find they are marketed by Walmart ====> https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackstone-E-Series-3-Piece-Tongs-and-Spatulas-Griddle-Tool-Kit/787380470 .... the aren't stocked in any of our local stores but can be ordered from Walmart's website .... a set is scheduled to be here on Thursday and I hope to put them to use shortly thereafter

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
cooked on our new griddle for the first time this morning .... I cooked omelets for the two of us and they turned out really good .... I patterned them after one we served in my father's restaurant back in the '60's .... .... sorry for so few pictures, got busy and simply didn't stop to take them .... plan to fix them this coming Saturday for more family

Attachments

• 220303 001 omelet 001.jpg
    220303 001 omelet 001.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 220303 001 omelet 003.jpg
    220303 001 omelet 003.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 99

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So I looked into that Blackstone e series. The price is a bit high as compared to the Presto. Plus it does not look like it's very portable as compared to the Presto. I like my current Blackstone as it's great for once I get set up and when I like to have my own time outside with a cup of coffee and cooking. The Presto looks like it's nice and light for those times want to park the RV and cook on a griddle without getting out all of the stuff. I ordered one.

I found the Presto website for the product: https://www.gopresto.com/product/presto-22-inch-ceramic-electric-griddle-07062

Top Bottom