• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Put A Fork In It. Elio Is Most Likely Toast.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I find the timing and content of these articles interesting. There have been a flurry of new articles in the last couple of weeks from multiple sources all proclaiming doom for Elio using the same 11/18/2016 SEC filing as a reference. If these had come out in early December, shortly after the SEC filing was released, I would have taken it as a reaction to the release of concerning financial information. But the timing of these articles leading up to EM hitting the 65k reservation mark and during a politically critical time for the DOE (and potentially the ATVM loan program) seems somewhat suspicious. It seems like someone may be pushing one of three agendas:
1. Someone who owns a short position on the stock is trying to drive the price lower
2. Someone with inside info attempting to create a buying opportunity before positive news about the ATVM loan progress is announced
3. Someone trying to kill EM by dissuading the public from putting in reservations and the DOE and private investors from providing loans

BillJ

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I find the timing and content of these articles interesting. There have been a flurry of new articles in the last couple of weeks from multiple sources all proclaiming doom for Elio using the same 11/18/2016 SEC filing as a reference. If these had come out in early December, shortly after the SEC filing was released, I would have taken it as a reaction to the release of concerning financial information. But the timing of these articles leading up to EM hitting the 65k reservation mark and during a politically critical time for the DOE (and potentially the ATVM loan program) seems somewhat suspicious. It seems like someone may be pushing one of three agendas:
1. Someone who owns a short position on the stock is trying to drive the price lower
2. Someone with inside info attempting to create a buying opportunity before positive news about the ATVM loan progress is announced
3. Someone trying to kill EM by dissuading the public from putting in reservations and the DOE and private investors from providing loans

If the information is correct, then it is simply the truth, and not some vast evil plan to make someone rich. Do you have any information that supports your theory, and debunks this, other than conjecture ?

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Timing. Why the eight week delay between the release of the information and a series of separate articles?

Also, while the information may technically be correct, it's being used in misleading ways. The articles are clearly intending to paint the financial situation as unusual for a company in EM's position. This is not the case. If EM had large cash holdings, I would be suspicious of them. They should be spending as much as possible on vehicle development.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
#4. The grassy knoll.
#5. Area 51.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the information is correct, then it is simply the truth, and not some vast evil plan to make someone rich. Do you have any information that supports your theory, and debunks this, other than conjecture ?
Info correct, but badly misunderstood...Elio's future never brighter...Where's my shades?

Top Bottom