• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pwr Brakes

PJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it comes with pwr brakes. I ask this ? On elio face book paige and they said they did not know.

ArthurKent

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The Elio is a 1200 pound (!!) vehicle. Power brakes serve no purpose in a car this light,
are a needless expense and I'm fairly certain one that Paul Elio would NEVER allow,
in his determination to keep the price as low as possible. I never felt that power brakes
had any value until vehicle weight was over 3200 pounds or thereabouts.

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Learn something new every day. I thought when people talked about power breaks, they were talking about plain old hydraulic brakes!
I'm loving this thread because my knowledge of brakes is limited to - if it is ticking it is time to have brakes worked on; engine air brakes make a lot of noise; the brakes on my walker were just like the brakes on my bicycle - hand brakes that is. Of course my original bicycle had the kind you simple peddle backwards to brake. As you can see, very limited. LOL :-) Z

JDub

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
A video had shown a newswoman test driving the car and complaining of the non-power steering but no complaint about the brakes. An electric power steering option I think is a must as that would expand the demographics of buyers.

Top Bottom