• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservation Cutoff?

evboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was reading a couple different posts from 2 different threads. One post said they were cutting off reservations at 40k and another at 60k. Do we have any quotes from Paul that states exactly?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Jerome said that they wouldn't cut off production but mentioned 60,000 as being a good point building 300 per day. I asked.specifically if they would cut off first year reservations and then start offering second year reservations. It was then that he said they wouldn't cut off production that they would build so the stores would have some but seemed to mean they would do that after the reserved ones were built. That's from what he told me directories at the Albuquerque Balloon fiesta.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read somewhere that they will put out a notice prior to cutting off reservations .... my hunch is that if/when that happens many folks will jump off the fence

Jim
Hoping that the "cut off" IS at 40,000. And, JEBar, I think that you are dead on!

If 40k is the magic number, I feel that when the announcement comes, we WILL see much the same effect as we did in the final days of the 50% incentive: folks "hanging" will clamor to get on board and the 40k will be crossed rapidly! :)

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why bother cutting them off. Crank up production and play catch up. But keep the orders flowing.
Understand your thought, Smitty. . . . . But do think that if folks feel the "closing date" breathing down their neck, they will drop it into high gear and drag out the check books fast. . . . . And that may JUST be what it will take to give EM the boost that is needed to take this project to production a little faster.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Understand your thought, Smitty. . . . . But do think that if folks feel the "closing date" breathing down their neck, they will drop it into high gear and drag out the check books fast. . . . . And that may JUST be what it will take to give EM the boost that is needed to take this project to production a little faster.
I don't think so. ELIO needs market reservation may not be a true measure of market but it all they have right now. Jack them numbers up.
Remember the Smart dumb car is only selling about 10K a year. Can you see the press now ELIO has reservation for 7,10 or more years of smart cars sales as the first one rolls out the door. That would fire things up.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Understand your thought, Smitty. . . . . But do think that if folks feel the "closing date" breathing down their neck, they will drop it into high gear and drag out the check books fast

the deadline for the 50% bonus brought out a flood of reservations .... once they get to whatever their magic number is, if they set a date for the 25% to go away, my bet is the same thing on steroids would happen .... not to say they would stop taking reservations, just that the bonus would have done its job

Jim

Top Bottom