• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Every little bit helps, no matter how little. However nothing markets a product better than direct, commission based marketing. If they authorized every owner that wishes to represent the company in a commissioned based direct marketing program (marketing not sales) to go out and push the product, they would not be able to keep up with orders.

Nothing short of giving away the car will work better.

Not everyone can sale, put everyone can market.

Greed is good.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Every little bit helps, no matter how little. However nothing markets a product better than direct, commission based marketing. If they authorized every owner that wishes to represent the company in a commissioned based direct marketing program (marketing not sales) to go out and push the product, they would not be able to keep up with orders.

Nothing short of giving away the car will work better.

Not everyone can sale, put everyone can market.

Greed is good.

Some people just don't understand how business works. I started a thread on this and found a few people who agree and a whole bunch who just did not appear to understand why Elio needs to pay people for marketing. My idea at this stage of development is for a simple referral program where we could receive additional credit towards our eventual purchase by referring people who make all in reservations.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Any idea what the fees are?

The cost is generally relatively small per person exposed to your ad or brand however it all adds up very quickly.
I know from researching this for one of my business ventures Facebook will guarantee you about 2500 new likes each month for $600. To get those 2500 people to like you they have to expose you to over 10,000 new people each month. You can pay Facebook to promote your page and also each post you make.
Twitter and Google charge you by the impression (how many people see it on their screen) and/or by the click (how many people actually click the link). Paying by the impression is cheaper as there is no guarantee it was even noticed but you have to buy a lot more impression to see results. Paying per click can get very expensive, very quickly, as the charge can vary from 10 cents per click up to 10 dollars, or more. per click just depending on the exact promotion.

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
$
The cost is generally relatively small per person exposed to your ad or brand however it all adds up very quickly.
I know from researching this for one of my business ventures Facebook will guarantee you about 2500 new likes each month for $600. To get those 2500 people to like you they have to expose you to over 10,000 new people each month. You can pay Facebook to promote your page and also each post you make.
Twitter and Google charge you by the impression (how many people see it on their screen) and/or by the click (how many people actually click the link). Paying by the impression is cheaper as there is no guarantee it was even noticed but you have to buy a lot more impression to see results. Paying per click can get very expensive, very quickly, as the charge can vary from 10 cents per click up to 10 dollars, or more. per click just depending on the exact promotion.
$600 a month is about as close to free as you can get in the advertising world.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Good post.
The only problem with online, there is no touchy, feely part. Which in the case of the Elio I would say is more than 75% of getting people all in.JMO

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good post.
The only problem with online, there is no touchy, feely part. Which in the case of the Elio I would say is more than 75% of getting people all in.JMO
I agree. Seeing this car in person and driving it (if it is even halfway decent) is going to change a lot of minds. A game changer. That part of it cannot be expressed any other way.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They have said reservations will be cut off when they reach the first year production target. The only number I remember seeing for the first year production target was 68,000 which is what they reported as part of their proposal to the local government as they were negotiating to get them to buy the GM production plant. If anyone else has more information please feel free to correct me.
They should get Dan Neil from WSJ to test drive the P4

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting......I would have never found Elio had it not been for Facebook. Strangely, I'm not a girl or a preteen. I've never even posted a selfie in the six years that I've been on Facebook. It's real odd, neither have any of my Facebook friends. Your assessment of Facebook is, like sooo early 2000's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
X2
Except I have posted selfies

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
12,899 as of 3-23. Keeps on rolling.

I think it is a slight slowdown, so I think the last # did include the bulk of a Daytona bump.

I calculate a change of about 80 per day, instead of 90 per day for the last interval. I hope that is just a short term slowdown and the upcoming events bump it over 100/day.

Top Bottom