• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It kind of points out the value of the tour.
I've been to the tour twice, and have seen an Elio 3 different times and never would have guessed the tour had so much impact. I figured it was more word of mouth and chance finding on the web. But I guess the numbers don't lie. Drop the tour and so do the reservations. Hope they get some more money rolling in so the crew can get back out there!

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It kind of points out the value of the tour.
I disagree in that, the tour was self-perpetuating. A paradox. A catch 22. Had they not had to continuously fund the tour, the advertising and the associated salaries, EM could have spent available funds on the eight years of missing R&D. Then again, without the tour and advertising, there would have been no money to fund the tour, the advertising and the associated salaries. A loop. Loops are not sustainable. Nor do they end up serving anything but themselves.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What sort of successful business doesn't operate on feedback loops? Seriously, the whole economy is based off of feedback loops where money is made and reinvested to generate net positive real value and therefore even more money. That's how companies like EM can build themselves to the scale where they can draw the $300 Million in investments needed to fund production. On the broader scale, it's how we can be so much better off than previous generations. That's the beauty of capitalism. It does have it's ugly sides, but so far the gain in wealth and knowledge that it has driven far outweighs the costs.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Successful businesses do not operate on static loops that do nothing more than perpetuate the loops themselves.
That's how companies like EM can build themselves to the scale where they can draw the $300 Million in investments needed to fund production.
As Dr. Phil would say, "So how's that working out for them?"

Last edited:

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I didn't at first think the shows would have all that much impact on driving in reservations (punny, eh?) but when I tried searching for the Elio like maybe someone, outright new to the idea that just heard about this new fangled three wheeled car, it was not so easy to discover all the problems surrounding it. For me, at least, the generally informative and more positive stories came up and it took some time to get to the nitty gritty. The abysmal reservation numbers, of late, must be primarily because of the absence of shows unless John Q. Bing-Google really is more diligent and search aggressive than most assume.

Top Bottom