• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Trump denies there is climate change so no need for efficient, low polluting vehicles.

Oops! Fuel efficiency is needed regardless of any suspected influence of climate change. And, I want to breathe cleaner air whether or not the temperature rises .5 degrees in 100 years. People may not be able to influence the global climate, but they can influence their environment. IMHO :orange: Go Elio!!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oops! Fuel efficiency is needed regardless of any suspected influence of climate change. And, I want to breathe cleaner air whether or not the temperature rises .5 degrees in 100 years. People may not be able to influence the global climate, but they can influence their environment. IMHO :orange: Go Elio!!
Well said.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You would have thought I said "Shaft's a baaD...". "Now shut your mouth." "But, I'm just sayin about Shack".

It was shown by Serbian geophysicist and astronomer Milutin Milankovitch in the 1920s that there is a correlation between planetary alignment and climate change. So short of realigning, or maybe reordering, the planets, there is not much that can be done. In the meantime, lets stop yelling "climate change" at the drop of a politician.
This sure ain't the dawning of the Age of Aquarius. (For those old enough to remember. ;) )

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One guy in the 1920's said something about climate change so THAT is the end of the discussion? I think not.

Let's add this:

In understanding global climate changes it is necessary to combine many disciplines, including oceanography, meteorology, geomorphology, geology and paleoclimatology. As well as combining interdisciplinary studies, observations and measurements can be assembled over long time spans, using different measuring approaches. For example, the annual averages of the global mean sea level seen below are based on reconstructed sea level fields since 1870 (red), and the tide gauge measurements are since 1950 (blue) while the satellite altimetry is since 1992 (black). The units are in millimetres relative to the average for 1961 to 1990 and the error bars are at 90% confidence intervals.

By combining these three different approaches, scientists are able to build a clear picture of rising sea level that would not be possible if each was presented independently. You can also see with the introduction of accurate measuring, the confidence level for accuracy increases.

www.global_greenhouse_warming.com_images_SeaLevelInstrumentati86dbb124b8433e9d229e83846ad59f37.jpg

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One guy in the 1920's said something about climate change so THAT is the end of the discussion? I think not.

Let's add this:

In understanding global climate changes it is necessary to combine many disciplines, including oceanography, meteorology, geomorphology, geology and paleoclimatology. As well as combining interdisciplinary studies, observations and measurements can be assembled over long time spans, using different measuring approaches. For example, the annual averages of the global mean sea level seen below are based on reconstructed sea level fields since 1870 (red), and the tide gauge measurements are since 1950 (blue) while the satellite altimetry is since 1992 (black). The units are in millimetres relative to the average for 1961 to 1990 and the error bars are at 90% confidence intervals.

By combining these three different approaches, scientists are able to build a clear picture of rising sea level that would not be possible if each was presented independently. You can also see with the introduction of accurate measuring, the confidence level for accuracy increases.

www.global_greenhouse_warming.com_images_SeaLevelInstrumentati86dbb124b8433e9d229e83846ad59f37.jpg

Some guy?

I refer you to......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milankovitch_cycles

I'm not saying that CO2 emissions have nothing to do with the issue.
Just that "man" is only a small factor in the overall issue and there are some things that we have no control over.

Your comment shows only effect. Not cause.

Top Bottom