• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reserve Count Renewed

Jerry Greif

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suspect many are just waiting to see if this will really be built. When Elio reveals pictures of the plant being tooled up, I expect a huge jump in reservations.
I have a feeling that you are right, the other thing that will happen when they start going down the line is that you may be able to sell your reservation at a premium. I know that mine won't be sold. I bet that there will be a least a year wait for one once they get started.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The number for reserved Elio's is now 10,971:)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzsFAnNHYIUhy87k5fbiXJyuA4xsyxrRPDz3tAucK0lxP5YjtZbw.jpg
The count as of March 20th is 12340 and increasing. There are now over 3000 who are all in for $1000 and that number grows each day. The Elio revolution is taking place. Looking forward to my rocket silver Elio.

Blueskybob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I have a feeling that you are right, the other thing that will happen when they start going down the line is that you may be able to sell your reservation at a premium. I know that mine won't be sold. I bet that there will be a least a year wait for one once they get started.

Elio may change their position on this, but right now you cannot sell or trade your place in line. You can give it up and be moved farther down the line, but only you can take delivery of it. This came up when somebody claimed hardship and wanted to sell their reservation.
Elio said no go and to contact them off-line. The work around would be to take delivery of it and re-sell it used. Somebody would have to really want one very badly to pay two sets of sales tax etc.

Zipper

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Even if all the first year's production doesn't get reserved prior to the Elio rolling off the assembly line, there will be a significant wait for anyone at the 'back of the line' or those who come along after the current reservation process has ended. I definitely expect that it's likely that there will be people who are willing to pay a 'premium' to obtain a production position or equivalent. And, yes, I do have more than one reservation. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Even if all the first year's production doesn't get reserved prior to the Elio rolling off the assembly line, there will be a significant wait for anyone at the 'back of the line' or those who come along after the current reservation process has ended. I definitely expect that it's likely that there will be people who are willing to pay a 'premium' to obtain a production position or equivalent. And, yes, I do have more than one reservation. :rolleyes:

I don't know about an entire year of production selling out in advance however depending on when production begins I believe they could sell out most or all of the 2015 calendar year production in advance as this would be a shortened year which includes production startup and ramp up time. This would be great for Elio Motors as it means tens of thousands of Elios already running around by the time they are ready to open up their retail sales centers and start advertising to the masses.

Top Bottom