• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Right Side - No Door

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The present door location will help me out a lot when I go through the fast food joint of my choice. And at the ATM.
11qLX3LeRpL.jpg
:p

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you are so hung up on the ATM and drive through, you probably ought to be looking at a conventional vehicle.

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know I will probably catch flack for advocating changing the planned Elio design but I feel it would be a marked improvement. I believe a two door design would increase the appeal of the Elio tremendously due to improved convenience and safety without impacting the structural integrity. The tranny and other controls planned for the right side could be transferred to the steering column and foot control thus eliminating entrance and egress issues. Granted this change would add to the base price but I believe it would be more than offset by the added appeal to consumers.

I can't see two front doors being any benefit at all. Just wasted engineering and development capital. Only takes a second to pull a Dukes of Hazzard across the 1/2 width hood if you need quick entry when you're being chased. :eek:
Now a 2nd door, similar to the RX8 and some of the Saturn coupes would be cool. But again, likely wasted engineering time and capital since these will predominantly be used for single occupant commuting. Might not be a bad option for those wanting frequent two occupant travel.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can't see two front doors being any benefit at all. Just wasted engineering and development capital. Only takes a second to pull a Dukes of Hazzard across the 1/2 width hood if you need quick entry when you're being chased. :eek:
Now a 2nd door, similar to the RX8 and some of the Saturn coupes would be cool. But again, likely wasted engineering time and capital since these will predominantly be used for single occupant commuting. Might not be a bad option for those wanting frequent two occupant travel.
I agree, added development costs, strengthening the frame to compensate for another opening, tooling a new panel and adding appropriate hardware just don't seem to justify what a few consider their convenience. Cool factor, definitely there, but just not worth the cost factor.

Top Bottom