• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sema Show 2014

Florida Guy

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought everyone would like to see the booth that Elio had at the huge SEMA show in Las Vegas this week.

Attachments

• SEMA booth.jpg
    SEMA booth.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 496

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought everyone would like to see the booth that Elio had at the huge SEMA show in Las Vegas this week.

thanks for the pic! yYour at the best location to learn much about our car, and great banter covering the rest of the planet!! Some very funny stuff, and some technical info from people who have worked in the industry.
Where a bouts in FLA are u?

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Florida Guy, welcome to the forum and thanks for the photo. It's great to see new members jump into the water with the rest of us. We look forward to your comments, questions and opinions. Plenty to read here about the Elio and I encourage you to start with the threads that appeal to you the most. You will find the more you read the more you want to read. Welcome and enjoy the journey,

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am very close to you.....Royal Palm Beach
I'm planning to go up to jacksonville to sit in one- Nov 21,22,23. have you put up any $ or just browsing?? I got here end of August, don't know how much info you got, but briefly - the store will be close to us- Ft lauderdale- if it happens, also plan to go to factory to pick it up and drive it home. Maybe see up in Jacksonville

Florida Guy

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm planning to go up to jacksonville to sit in one- Nov 21,22,23. have you put up any $ or just browsing?? I got here end of August, don't know how much info you got, but briefly - the store will be close to us- Ft lauderdale- if it happens, also plan to go to factory to pick it up and drive it home. Maybe see up in Jacksonville
I have not put money down now but I am seriously considering doing that. I won't be making the trip up to Jacksonville since I got to sit in the prototype yesterday in Vegas. I honestly expected a bit more. The driving postion feels good although the outside rear mirrors are too small to be as useful as we will need in order to see out back. The rear seat is a serious problem area! In the display at SEMA it was rock hard and we were told that would be improved for sure. The headroom was lacking too, I am 6'2" so it is a concern. My head was on the roof, again I was told that there would be 2" more room on the production model. These promises are nice but I would think that at this point both the back seat problems would have been fixed before going to such a well attended show as SEMA. The car did seem like it would be a bunch of fun to drive....sort of the safest motorcycle on the planet and even air conditioned like we have to have in South Florida. I need more details on the driveline before commiting any cash, can they meet their objectives of mpg and performance? Time will tell but I was concerned that what they were showing at SEMA was not acceptable as is.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The rear seat is a serious problem area! In the display at SEMA it was rock hard and we were told that would be improved for sure. The headroom was lacking too, I am 6'2" so it is a concern. My head was on the roof, again I was told that there would be 2" more room on the production model. These promises are nice but I would think that at this point both the back seat problems would have been fixed before going to such a well attended show as SEMA. The car did seem like it would be a bunch of fun to drive....sort of the safest motorcycle on the planet and even air conditioned like we have to have in South Florida. I need more details on the driveline before commiting any cash, can they meet their objectives of mpg and performance? Time will tell but I was concerned that what they were showing at SEMA was not acceptable as is.
Did you have the seat racked down to accommodate your height? My 6'3", 285 pound buddy found it very roomy with plenty of headroom.

Regarding refitting the rear seat -- remember what you saw was a prototype. The gas tank is under the seat, so it's not just a question of a little padding here and there. Addressing that has implications that it's impractical to deal with in a touring prototype, but will be addressed for production. The rear headroom issue likewise can't be dealt with in the prototype you saw (called the P4), but absolutely will be addressed in the production version.

It's also worth remembering that 95% of American driving is done with 1 person in the car. While it will accommodate two OK, it's not intended to take two people on extended trips (limited luggage capacity). So that may figure into your decision whether or not to go with Elio. For many of us it's the perfect bop-around-or-take-moderate-trips-alone car, but it won't haul the family to the beach.

In any event, welcome to the forum. Good to have you here.

Top Bottom