• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Should Elio Close Facebook Account?

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Long as the main site stays up I feel there is still a glimmer of hope. If it ever goes down and stays down, then I would feel all hope is lost. Love the way it looks. I still hope it may happen.
When a website is still up, it means they are still trying and in business. For example, this 1996 Movie still has a website:
https://www.spacejam.com/
Plus, Dole/Kemp are running for president:
http://www.dolekemp96.org/main.htm
Don't forget Netscape:
http://home.mcom.com/home/welcome.html

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Bald Guy, you’ve hit the nail on the head, you’re right about ‘passing away.’

If Hari and Paul completely shut down the site, there will be nothing at all. It would open the floodgates to requests for refunds and scrutiny. They are just playing out the clock. We are mostly a fairly old crowd, not much time or ‘fight’ left in us. Keeping the site up and removing FB negative comments are all they can do: it’s apparent they won’t answer questions or do updates. They can continue to keep us uninformed and sanitize FB with a smart phone, from anywhere in the world for as long as they want to. Plus it doesn’t cost them much to manipulate the stock price by swapping a few shares when it dips.

If EM were to pull down their website it would be a finality that they could never undo, not to mention any stock valuation would be even more ridiculous. As it is now, they can continue to capitalize on some scintilla of the hope we all had at the very beginning, almost a decade ago.

Last edited:

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have given up on Paul Elio as a person who can't communicate and when he does it is meaningless. I still have a tiny bit of hope that someone will make an three wheeler similar to what Elio proposed. Be nice if it were electric. Still, getting to the age where I will retire and will be driving much less. Hard to justify the cost of something new. Will all the contact tracing and insurance tracking (and On-Star etc.) they are watching everything we do nowadays. A co-worker signed up for Liberty Mutual car insurance and saved some money by using their safe-driver monitor and they already told him he has been braking too hard. Think I'll keep driving my 1998 Plymouth Voyager van and never put a insurance company app on my phone. (The garage kept van only has 73,000 miles so is good for a while.)

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Made in USA, that’s very interesting about that Liberty Mutual Data Tracker. Never thought about Insurance apps data logging, either.... Big Brother is everywhere.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Will all the contact tracing and insurance tracking (and On-Star etc.) they are watching everything we do nowadays. A co-worker signed up for Liberty Mutual car insurance and saved some money by using their safe-driver monitor and they already told him he has been braking too hard.
Tell your co worker that Liberty needs to provide the data and then a way he can watch that data (or at least download it) do he can change his driving habits. Saying that you brake too hard, that is really hard for someone to figure out. Is it the length of time on the brake pedal, front brake pressure, the longitudinal force is too much and if it is, what is the acceptable limit?

I went through this with Progressive. I tried out their app and knew what they were doing. So, what I did was borrow an AIM SOLO DL from a friend that does track days. I took and logged data from that and then sent it to Progressive and asked them to let me know what I needed to do to fix their issues they had with my driving (braking too hard, accelerating too much). From there I pushed it for months as one of my relatives is an actuary for an insurance company, so I know how that works. After about 6 months of relentlessly emailing them and calling my insurance agent, they told me that I was driving just fine and never told me what I was supposed to do.

This is what I borrowed:
https://www.aim-sportline.com/en/products/solo2-solo2dl/index.htm

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have given up on Paul Elio as a person who can't communicate and when he does it is meaningless.
You bring up a good point. Back in 2017, Paul did admit that he does not communicate well enough and should do better. Yet what he did was the exact opposite. I feel that he knows that the only thing he needs to communicate is this:

1. When the first Elio rolls off the assembly line
2. When the first 65K reservations will be fulfilled

Other than that, everything else is a waste of time. Telling people about the next way of looking for money, how your blue chip companies are excited, Jack Roush gave you a straw hat, Eliocoin is getting closer or you are working non stop looking for money, will mean nothing. 100% of everyone that still remembers Elio only cares about point #1 and #2. Unless he can provide that info, he has decided to just not report. I doubt anyone cares about the final price of official MPG any more. Just make something.

Top Bottom