• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Shreveport Plant Operations And Personnel Questions

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is there anyone on here from Shreveport? We need someone who can tell us when they start to hire personnel at the plant. It will take awhile to gear up, with both equipment and training workers. When this starts it will be just a matter of time. Hopefully, they will hire in a lot of people who use to build the HUMV.

Jerry Greif

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is there anyone on here from Shreveport? We need someone who can tell us when they start to hire personnel at the plant. It will take awhile to gear up, with both equipment and training workers. When this starts it will be just a matter of time. Hopefully, they will hire in a lot of people who use to build the HUMV.
Craig you are right, it would be great to have someone outside the or better yet inside the plant to keep us up to date on what's going on. Maybe someone can sneak in and see what's going on. Maybe Mr Elio could put a web cam inside so we could see the progress and hopefully soon we could see them coming down the assembly line.

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Excellent idea---we do need a local source for what is actually going on at the old GM plant. We also need some third party financial data on ELIO operations in Shreveport since those folks are close to local news stories and have a vested jobs interest! It is almost March 2014 so some visible ground operations should be visiable!

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm from Shreveport, but I don't have any contacts that could get inside information. It just feels good knowing that something this exciting is taking place there that could revitalize the economy. I went to high school with a lot of kids whose parents worked at the old GM plant.
Welcome to the forum. Could you just keep an eye on the want ads and the news and let us know when they start hiring?
Thanks

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Could you just keep an eye on the want ads and the news and let us know when they start hiring?
Thanks
If you go to the last page of the Elio Motors website there are 3 subheadings. One is Board, I think one is "About", and one is employment or personnel or something like that. So far the later is saying check back 4th quarter of 2014 I think. Even though this is the first quarter I check periodically because I am interested. Curious. Nosey? :-) Z

elio_curious

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any signed-up owners that actually live near the Factory.

There won't be any [production volume] Elios until there are Parts being shipped to the plant, tooling set up and workers working. Yes I know, Captain Obvious here :)

Top Bottom