• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Shreveport Plant Tour

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I love the idea of taking the plant tour and watching each stage of my Elio #2225 being built. and then I am really looking forward to the Grand Adventure of me driving home... In a Autocycle, which less then 1% of the people in the United States or World has ever seen on the road before... sounds like a lot of fun.... Vegas will be fun to stop at in my New Elio...

see ya at the plant...:-)

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do wish to take factory delivery. Hopefully wont be expensive. If so I plan to take Greyhound to Shreveport LA. Its cheaper than flying.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I also hope to go to the factory. I'm planning on taking Amtrak. All but the last 1 hour 20 minutes is by train. The last part is by Amtrak Bus. I doubt they would charge buyers who want to tour the plant. At least I sure hope not. I toured the Nash plant in Kenosha, WI in 1952 before my parents bought a new car there. We were moving from near Boise, ID to Los Angeles, CA the long way - by way of Maine and Florida. I was 11 and it was quite an experience. Obviously if I can still remember it. LOL

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I am sure there will be thousands of us there to pick up autocycle we have put money down on in advance and will have waited a long time for so I believe they will want us all to have a good first experience with our new rides. I highly doubt they would charge us extra for the tour after we spent all that money and waited all that time.

I hope they would be nice enough to arrange a shuttle service to the factory from the local Airport/Train/Bus station even if we have to pay a little bit for the convenience. I have a buddy who is a private pilot and always looking for an excuse to fly so my ideal plan is to pay for his fuel and have him fly me out to Shreveport one morning where I will get a ride to the factory, take the tour, pick up the Elio and begin my journey home. Shreveport is about 600 miles straight down I-20 from Atlanta so I am torn between taking a long leisurely route home or taking the direct route and seeing if I really can make it over 600 miles on the highway with only eight gallons of gas.

Last edited:

Zipper

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm definitely looking forward to the factory tour while I'm there to pick up my new machine. Goofyone, my drive home will be similar to yours, straight East on I-20 back to GA. I will be validating the awesome 8 gallon range as I come home. That adventures will come later as I cruise the GA, TN and NC twisties. :)

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Been on many factory tours and never paid a cent nor would I pay for this.. Generally they give things to those who visit the factory not vice versa.. Gonna be a long wait for a factory tour for Elio if this ever happens.. Tooling and staffing factory costs a small fortune and there is nothing happening yet..

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am sure there will be thousands of us there to pick up the autocycle we have put money down on in advance and will have waited a long time for so I believe they will want us all to have a good first experience with our new rides. I highly doubt they would charge us extra for the tour after we spent all that money and waited all that time.

I hope they would be nice enough to arrange a shuttle service to the factory from the local Airport/Train/Bus station even if we have to pay a little bit for the convenience. I have a buddy who is private pilot and always looking for an excuse to fly so my ideal plan is to pay for his fuel and have him fly me out to Shreveport one morning where I will get a ride to the factory, take the tour, pick up the Elio and begin my journey home. Shreveport is about 600 miles straight down I-20 from Atlanta so I am torn between taking a long leisurely route home or taking the direct route and seeing if I really can make it over 600 miles on the highway with only eight gallons of gas.
I like your way of thinking. It takes courage to truly believe in this and I admire everyone with that courage. Including myself, of course! :-) Z

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd like to watch as they build them. I also think they should have a full-out dealership at the plant. Drive in and buy one right there...hot off the presses. Maybe even place an order for a custom one and watch it all the way through.

It would be even more fun if you could help assemble it. I would love to have a vehicle that I helped put together myself even if just a little bit.

Top Bottom