• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sick Of Waiting: Elio Motors Trike “owners” Start Filing Lawsuits

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As much as a despise giving the people web traffic (so I added the null refer to it), they posted an asinine article how someone is suing Elio because he hasn't gotten his car yet. I guess he didn't read the terms of service...

http://nullrefer.com/?http://gas2.o...io-motors-trike-owners-start-filing-lawsuits/

He's going to lose more than just his deposit. He's going to stack up a ton of legal fees because he's didn't read the fine print.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Because it's such a great idea to sue a company that promised you nothing (in writing) and is struggling to get funding. So let's bog them down with a frivolous lawsuit and waste more of their money. Idiots.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For a single person to do it, then no, it won't go anywhere. This is a small claims court item and this guy will lose. If it became a class action lawsuit, then it could get traction. In this day of age, no matter what a contract says, you get enough money behind it, lawyers figure out a way.

It would not surprise me that this person is trying to turn it into a class action lawsuit, thus the article.

Ray O

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's my take on a law suit. first of all I believe Elio is going to build the car. And should the unspeakable happen Elio would be bankrupt.
Then you would get no money since there is no money. Some people asked me why I went all in whit the chance I could loose my $1000. If Elio does not sussed I would still lose my $1000. So let's all go all in and help make this car for the everyone who need good cheap transportation.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's my take on a law suit. first of all I believe Elio is going to build the car. And should the unspeakable happen Elio would be bankrupt.
Then you would get no money since there is no money. Some people asked me why I went all in whit the chance I could loose my $1000. If Elio does not sussed I would still lose my $1000. So let's all go all in and help make this car for the everyone who need good cheap transportation.

I don't think that's 100% correct. The refundable deposits are held in trust and have not been spent at all, so even if the company goes under they can/will be refunded.

Top Bottom