• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Single Or Double That Is The Question

Durk Jenkins

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I know there will be some kind of a radio etc. but no mention has been made that I know of as to what size it will be.
So I ask single or double DIN?
Double should be the way to go as most newer vehicles are so we new owners can add navigation etc.infotainment type systems. Most all aftermarket units are double din with a 7inch or little smaller display and double should be the size in my opinion.

2.ooohhh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
1 DIN? I hope you are wrong because that needs to be changed to 2 Din
While your welcome to your opinion, there is no real need for an infotainment system in an elio, in fact moving video visible to the driver while a vehicle is in motion is against the law in many states.

Single DIN apparently helps maintain costs and fits in the small dash well. Using a smart phone/ipod as the primary audio/navigation source instead of a dedicated head unit is an excellent use of resources and works surprisingly well! I drove a car over the weekend that used a factory head unit configured to use an iphone for control and it worked far better than I ever expected.

6160414269_622fdf57ee_o.jpg

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
While your welcome to your opinion, there is no real need for an infotainment system in an elio, in fact moving video visible to the driver while a vehicle is in motion is against the law in many states.

Single DIN apparently helps maintain costs and fits in the small dash well. Using a smart phone/ipod as the primary audio/navigation source instead of a dedicated head unit is an excellent use of resources and works surprisingly well! I drove a car over the weekend that used a factory head unit configured to use an iphone for control and it worked far better than I ever expected.

6160414269_622fdf57ee_o.jpg
I like that layout.

Top Bottom