• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Skybell

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How many of you hi-tech rednecks or old coots have this?

This is my door bell before....

20140128_153057.jpg

And this is my door bell after .....

20140129_170135.jpg

I'm asking cause 1) its a cool toy and 2) I went all in just like here before it was made and viola a success story about crowd funding (which is what we are kinda doing)

It connects to your smart phone/tablet. You can answer you door from anywhere, one way video (you see them) two way audio. It's pretty cool, they to this day are working out kinks and adding new features like not to long ago you can now view through the camera without someone having to press the button. So if someone insist on knocking instead of ringing the bell, I can just open it and see/talk to them.

Notice I took down the No Soliciting sign, I want to play with my toy LOL

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Pretty cool LockMD. But you might have a hard time convincing someone at your door that you're not there to answer it. If they are convinced the house is empty, you'd better hope their not the thieving type. ;)

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Pretty cool LockMD. But you might have a hard time convincing someone at your door that you're not there to answer it. If they are convinced the house is empty, you'd better hope their not the thieving type. ;)

Good point. If I'm not at home I usually just check out the video feed and take their picture and don't talk to them.

I've recently heard a rash of burglaries in San Jose and they do just that, ring the bell no one answers go around back and break in. But at least now I have their picture and........ I also have Logitech alert cameras covering the entrances....... I was concerned about the Elio, one no biggie will keep it in the garage but now I ordered the Mrs. one, I'm thinking Hmmm..... maybe just a car cover, or better yet I should get an outdoor camera pointed at it. I don't think both will fit in my two car garage with all my work benches/cabinets.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good point. If I'm not at home I usually just check out the video feed and take their picture and don't talk to them.

I've recently heard a rash of burglaries in San Jose and they do just that, ring the bell no one answers go around back and break in. But at least now I have their picture and........ I also have Logitech alert cameras covering the entrances....... I was concerned about the Elio, one no biggie will keep it in the garage but now I ordered the Mrs. one, I'm thinking Hmmm..... maybe just a car cover, or better yet I should get an outdoor camera pointed at it. I don't think both will fit in my two car garage with all my work benches/cabinets.

So does the Skybell have some kind of motion sensor in it, or is it recording constantly? The remotely accessible security cameras are some pretty sweet tech! Saw it on the "Caught on Camera" show, where a lady at work accessed her home security camera through her computer, and was watching three hoodlums burglarizing her house [entered through the dog door]. Called the cops as she watched them, and the cops caught them red-handed. Glad they did have tech like that when I was a teenager and my parents went on vacation! :D

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You mean DIDN'T have that tech LOL

Motion, yes......but you have to take pics manually for now. They are a start-up company too. They will add that in future updates.

My Logitech Cameras do just what you said, Motion activated, snaps picture and e-mails it to me. Skybell is a little bit behind the times, but they will get there.

People must think WOW LockMd (Lock is fine lol) must be paranoid and live a really bad area like some Detroit folks talked about. No, I actually live in a good neighbor hood I just had 2 teenagers and wanted to know/see who they were bringing in the house (guilty of being noisy) and now I just kept them cause its a cool hi-tech redneck toy is all even though the kids are grown (well one is still at home) Someone want to rent a 6'4" boy? LOL yeah he's 23 we treat our kids too good they have no reason to leave. I need to be an ass but since his mom died its kinda tuff to do that.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

You could move the work benches/cabinets. LOL :-) Z

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You mean DIDN'T have that tech LOL

Motion, yes......but you have to take pics manually for now. They are a start-up company too. They will add that in future updates.

My Logitech Cameras do just what you said, Motion activated, snaps picture and e-mails it to me. Skybell is a little bit behind the times, but they will get there.

People must think WOW LockMd (Lock is fine lol) must be paranoid and live a really bad area like some Detroit folks talked about. No, I actually live in a good neighbor hood I just had 2 teenagers and wanted to know/see who they were bringing in the house (guilty of being noisy) and now I just kept them cause its a cool hi-tech redneck toy is all even though the kids are grown (well one is still at home) Someone want to rent a 6'4" boy? LOL yeah he's 23 we treat our kids too good they have no reason to leave. I need to be an ass but since his mom died its kinda tuff to do that.

Correct! I meant "didn't" have the tech. Might not be here to post (or breath for that matter) if they did.

Top Bottom