• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Smart Phone

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was just thinking random thought about comunication and how the cb has gone to the garbage heap. Then it struck me that an app to the phone that would beep when another smart phone user was on the same cell site and you could talk about road condition, smokey bear, or just BS to pass the time. Now it is just an app so if you are not interested it would not apply. Thinking of truck drivers or the driving public that wanted it. Another multi million app to sell to google or for 10 bucks a month att says it's your's. Hello Elio driver! Fine day for touring. :)

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Waze does indeed do that.... AND, it's already owned by Google... I wonder if they'll combine it with google maps and "Okay Google" to integrate it a little better while at the same time enabling better voice inputs/communication. There is an app that works like a CB called "HeyTell" that lets you push to talk to people you know already. It worked pretty good but you couldn't just call up people like you could on CB.

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Waze does indeed do that.... AND, it's already owned by Google... I wonder if they'll combine it with google maps and "Okay Google" to integrate it a little better while at the same time enabling better voice inputs/communication. There is an app that works like a CB called "HeyTell" that lets you push to talk to people you know already. It worked pretty good but you couldn't just call up people like you could on CB.
Hour late and a dollar short. Story of my life.:(

Top Bottom