• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Soki Is Chile's First Ev

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This looks nice. EV World.
VoZe-EV_Soki_profile600x400.jpg

Karnaj

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Would love to see more angles of this. Probably one of the only designs I have liked besides the Elio (for a trike). Only 35 miles per 3 hour charge kills it for me. Being an Electrician by trade I am really excited about the EV market. They are soo close to making it a reality to everyday people. The last piece of the puzzle is the energy storage. Once mileage is comparable to ICE the world will change.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Would love to see more angles of this. Probably one of the only designs I have liked besides the Elio (for a trike). Only 35 miles per 3 hour charge kills it for me. Being an Electrician by trade I am really excited about the EV market. They are soo close to making it a reality to everyday people. The last piece of the puzzle is the energy storage. Once mileage is comparable to ICE the world will change.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The technology (batteries/motors) has improved greatly............even since the Leno video. The video was very supportive reasoning/logic as to why EVs and other alternative engergy vehicles will play an important role in the future of transportation. Currently many owners drive their EV commuters 5 days a week to work and their ICE on weekends for long trips and commutes.

Thanks for the video and I thought you were anti-EV.

Karnaj

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually the AC induction motor hasn't changed for nearly a century, (Minor if any) and the only major change to DC has been the advent of brushless, probably shortly after the car Leno has was made. Batteries and energy storage is the last remaining roadblock. Everything else proven, time tested technology.
Changes are coming, advances are being made. The EV revolution is blowing in the wind my friends:D
If you can't tell I'm passionate about EVs, but I do try to remain realistic.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to say it's just a mater of time, but actually it's just a mater of the implementation of promised technologies.
Eventually there will be added plenty of range extending products, in both H2/fuel-cells, CH4 and even petrol.
And the EV motors will all be liquid cooled variations, probably AC because of the higher RPM efficiencies, JMHO.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
New v. Old electric cars.
The range hasn't improved much in 100 years.
--->
<---
William H, Thanks for the great post. Didn't see any of these at the Austin F1 race. Historical car race was rained out so they just drove a parade behind the slow moving pace car.

Top Bottom