• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sooo, Have The Unwritten Rules Been Suspended Or Do They Continue?

XanWolf

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Greetings Moderators et all,

I use to frequent this forum and mostly had either positive or informative (neutral) information to provide in my posts. However, one day, I started mentioning the underhanded tracking that Elio Motors was doing in their periodic e-mails they sent out. It seems that this crossed some sort of rule which I have never found for this forum which is more in the line that if you ever say anything bad about Elio Motors, you will be censored. Once this happened, I bailed and have not bothered to return until now. I enjoy helping others and such, so I like the idea of being here. However, I cannot abide censorship -- with the exception of people of the community attacking people of the community.

So, are voices which reveal unpleasant practices of Elio Motors allowed here?
Thank you for your time,

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well. I'm not a Moderator, so I can't say one way or another on the censorship question. If you're posting actual facts, and not your, or some disgruntled bloggers regurgitated opinion, then I don't see a problem. This goes for the "rainbows and unicorns" positive posts as well. If it's not backed up by actual "facts", it's just an opinion, good or bad, and what you'll get in return are other people's opinions. But that's just my opinion. ;)

XanWolf

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
My original post was about the use of tracking links within the periodic emails. For instance, they embed (leading https: removed to prevent it being converted back into a link) in the 9 November 2018 email:

"//go.eliomotors.com/e2t/c/*W3TdQrS1h5gHcVl_PwL9lqJxr0/*W2CWPtJ6Z25jMW3q2-cY7XL5QK0/5/f18dQhb0SbTJ8Y9Xq0W61vH1d4T_wzTW8rljYv3N1RLMMscZ40XD6prW7cmS1s8pCQ6vW69WjG76PYNG3W2yGW0X96Ls81W5157qD50Cw0fW8y8NS76bW6x9W2Jz6JB6cnPn_W1nrCGB51LTg5W5DHNj21cjyC5W6bNbXj8d7D1LW24-7d51rrHK1W60S6rp6Bt4HJW1_Qrvg1Y_Y5JVg8nD_5F_2JdW3Yblgx7z2NMJW7vRb971Wqg56W5Wj_Wb5-2sjBW7ZzDyK7GLjPjW2LH18m7l0ZB2W7MPnfZ1-8yjsW1vwgqC6TGPVyW7BYB_L6LqTxMW1Y62fm7bjvl5W1Y7yqs7L_ZCgW5-08Bg7d6Z4mW6vTr7D1rkDvpW1B9jGb6tB5mDW81NQVY6NlWrgW1lyLTj1fGjKnW7v0tWj1r9yc9W41lfKb3D_NTRN1zW062zD-dgW1tnvfQ8lZ8vKN6flwv-HzlYCW589z_L6Z2yQ6W31GHfx11RWCzW3YRr7f7jmN5lV57-Qw6nLSkjN8MWbkgGVMW5W6TWn3_4L1MmrF4JXQH_HFXdf4_79rP03"

In place of:

"//www.eliomotors.com/navigating-the-website/"

which also gets you to the same page (without the tracking information). The larger URL listed above is hidden under a link with the label of "Click here to read more! " and the average individual has no idea as to what is going on. It is true that many companies do this sort of thing; but that does not make it right.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
the base line is pretty simple .... objective presentations authored in a manner to promote positive, courteous discussions is welcome .... ones authored in a trolling manner to promote angry or inflammatory responses are not .... statements of negative opinions most frequently fall into that second group .... from day one, this has been and continues to be a Pro Elio site .... the internet offers a range of sites where unhappy folks and go and vent ... this site has no influence or other connection to Elio Motors .... folks who want to vent should take their frustrations directly to Elio Motors .... no positive purpose can be served by dumping them on the folks here who don't

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
thanks for providing a good example .... your comment in Post 3 would be far better addressed directly to EM .... your contention that EM and other companies are using tracking software would be far better served by addressing them to EM .... if they respond and you still feel compelled to do so, then bringing your concern along with their response to the attention of folks here would be far more appropriate ....

XanWolf

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I am in pursuit of a neutral site which members can freely discuss (as opposed to attack, incite, and so on) all matters. Back when I was here before, I was able to see others doing just that with regards to the likes of Elio design choices and so on.

So, not wanting only hate and not wanting only pro, do you have any suggestions to for a well rounded forum which will allow for the discussion of positive and negative aspects of this game-changing privately owned vehicle coming into being?

I believe I have mentioned this to Elio Motors already. My point of bringing the information here was so that others, who might be caught unaware, could know and take whatever actions they see fit. In my case, aside from posting it here for others, I have stopped clicking on anything in any of their emails. I use the arrival of the email to be my nudge to go to the website and read the updated news. It is a little less convenient but I get the news and I do not get tracked.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't have any suggestions but be it here or elsewhere, I hope you find what you are looking for ....

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have stopped clicking on anything in any of their emails. I use the arrival of the email to be my nudge to go to the website and read the updated news. It is a little less convenient but I get the news and I do not get tracked.
I NEVER click on links in any email. There's way too many scams out there. If I see a link in an email and I'm interested, I go to that particular website directly; never through clicking on the "link" in the email
This practice is not just limited to Elio.

Last edited:

XanWolf

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I agree that it is not limited to Elio Motors. My point is that some people are here in support of an altruistic cause (the car) and could be unaware of the practice. I do feel that the car can change things for the better; however, I fear that EM (the business) is first and foremost a business and that factors of the business world are influencing the original dream of the car that could be. To what extent, we will have to wait and see.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
They have said that the electric cars is just something to fill in.
What I have heard is that Hydrogen is going to be the next phase.
Supporting the electrics is just not going to last; this is what I have heard.
I can agree with that statement to a degree, we are going to start seeing the new problems in the near future.
We are going to run out of something that the electrics need for their batteries is the only thing I can see letting the wind out of their sails.
Or it's going to shoot the cost WAY UP, and replacing the batteries in the older ones is going to get prohibitive.
That will be the only thing I can see knocking electric cars out.
So will we have to go back to gas? Or what?
Ford not producing cars any longer, I feel is because people don't want of like 4 cylinder with turbo, this is why trucks are the gas market now.
You can still get a real motor in a truck, a V8 or a V6, people just don't like or trust 4's with a turbo, still bad memories of the old turbo's that blew seals.
I don't know, XanWolf said it, we have to wait and see.

Top Bottom