• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Specific Jacksonville Location Info 11/21/14

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
how big was the crowd ?

Jim
Faily large when I left, but I wandered around the mall after my turn. When I got there early, there were maybe 10 to 20 people, but I got there at 9:45 and it wasn't advertised to open until 10 so I suspect there will be a steady steam of people for the rest of the weekend dispite the obscure location in the mall. If you weren't looking for it, it would be hard to locate behind the place where the kids are visiting Santa. As Z posted, it is in front of a store called Forever 18.

Last edited:

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
what were your general impressions ?

Jim
I have been in love with this vehicle since I saw the first video and heard the price, so all I can really say after seeing it, and having an oportunity to sit in it, is, it meets all my expectations, and then some. I asked Jerome if cruise control would be a standard feature, and he said as of right now, it is looking like it will about a $300 option, but they are still trying to work it into that $6800 price, and they will if possible. Couldn't ask for a more honest answer than that. I found the integrity of all the Elio folks I spoke to be courteous, and honest. All went out of their way to explain and answers all the questions I'm sure they hear day in and day out, with respect to the person asking. I asked about the fancy Sky thing, and was told there will be variable degrees of it you can order to suit your needs, and found out, there will be an option to display it on the dash although it does work in conjunction with a smart phone. The standard dash will be the Elgin dash. I also inquired about other radio options, and was told there will be plenty of different stereos to choose from. Optional of course. Also, Jerome did confirm the engine is currently on the dyno.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
info appreciated .... if anything pops into your mind in the, I wish I'd asked ..... category, please let me know .... we hope to get to see it on Dec 5th

Jim
Do yourself a favor and write down you questions before you go. I had a bunch, but drew a blank once I got in it. One thing I wanted to, but forgot to ask was where and how many speakers were included, but I suspect that will vary with the type of stereo you order. The little radio thing that is in the prototype is an option that has bluetooth and works with your phone. but it comes standard with am/fm. Two 12v power ports standard one front, one rear, and a USB port. I should have ask if you can play music from a zip drive on the USB,or if it was just for charging. If you keep asking me, I'll keep remembering all the stuff I forgot to ask.

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
According to Jerome, the engine on the dyno, has the flame cylinders not sleeves.
I learned the my desire for black chin spoiler and rocker extensions on a silver car should be no problem.
Also learned the the side rocker extensions do no change the ground clearance.
I was asked to make some measurements for the trail hitch group, Jerome said not to bother because they production model will probably be changed by crash testing, also they had lowered the rear end for some reason related to the display.
Also, it was confirmed that you will have to remove the fender skirts to check or adjust the air in the front tires.
The cup holders in the production model will hold a big gulp.

I will remember more later I'm sure.
I hope the flight back to Ft Laud. was smooth, you know who you are.

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I failed to mention how nice and helpful all the staff were at the mall...
They barely showed that they were answering the same question again.... again... again.

Small aside, there was a man there who went in for $100 over a year ago and didn't understand why he didn't have a number...
The staff was polite and helpful to this man too, but no rabbit could be pulled from the hat for him.

Top Bottom