• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Stigma About The Back Seat

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have got a lot of comments from friends about the fact that unless you are driving, you have to ride in the back seat. That has not been much of a problem for the motorcycle, but it seems to be for the Elio.

I know that the Elio needs the tandem seating for the aerodynamics, and I like it a lot. I think the Elio is a really good looking machine. It is not dumpy looking at all, but I still get complaints about riding in the back.

I am also OK with not having anyone back there because I travel alone most of the time anyway. My Sister in Law though thinks that this will not be a great Date car. Is this a real deal or is the Elio just for committed spouses? Would your significant other ride in the back behind you, for more than just one test ride?

What Say Ye?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I have got a lot of comments from friends about the fact that unless you are driving, you have to ride in the back seat. That has not been much of a problem for the motorcycle, but it seems to be for the Elio.

I know that the Elio needs the tandem seating for the aerodynamics, and I like it a lot. I think the Elio is a really good looking machine. It is not dumpy looking at all, but I still get complaints about riding in the back.

I am also OK with not having anyone back there because I travel alone most of the time anyway. My Sister in Law though thinks that this will not be a great Date car. Is this a real deal or is the Elio just for committed spouses? Would your significant other ride in the back behind you, for more than just one test ride?

What Say Ye?
Um I think you might be over thinking an Elio. A date car?
If you're worried about impressing a girl with a car, you're dating the wrong girl.

It's my own opinion and nothing more.

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Um I think you might be over thinking an Elio. A date car?
If you're worried about impressing a girl with a car, you're dating the wrong girl.

It's my own opinion and nothing more.

No I plan on impressing her with my suave and sophistication, I think once I explain how the Elio really benefits the world, and the number of places we can go, then I am sure she will be even more impressed. But when it comes to riding in the back seat, is the consensus, that she would rather take the rusty (classic) truck, or the Caprice Station Wagon? You successfully married guys and gals need to help me out on this one.

Top Bottom