• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Suggestions To Moderator

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Z, While this is No way scientific, I typically evaluate the credibility, validity, and value of a forum poster by there Like status as a baseline. If they have Way more Posts than Likes that will usually mean they are not participating in a positive or professional manor that would be considered Contributing or Value added by the group as a whole. Without naming individuals (some of which Thankfully left) the formula seems to prove out in most cases. So, if someone is posting something I feel May be made up or questionable I take a quick evaluation of that individuals credibility as judged by the forum group. 200 posts with only 50 likes says something about what the group thinks of this contributor or his/her attitude. For me a good rule of thumb is the same amount of posts as likes at a Minimum or Better or I proceed with caution. If only we could advise New forum guests to evaluate the same and not scare them off after reading a few vigilante Elio haters posts. Whats really sad to me is ALL the work the moderators have done to create this user friendly fun platform for FREE only to have clowns running around throwing crap on the wall for fun and to discourage anyone who enjoys this forum or topic.

You got it.
That is precisely why that thread (post vs. likes) was started. When I first joined I just read and read the posts. The ones with fewer likes obviously were from people who were very negative about the Elio and had less likes than posts, Blackbird had a better than 2 to 1 likes per post because his posts were analytical from a neutral standpoint and called them that way. After running some numbers I realized that a ratio of 1 like to 1 post was a number that represented, not a good little fan, but one that had credible contributions to the forum. The members with .75 or below seemed to be just slinging trash for whatever reason or were just not that interesting to the forum. This is a peer evaluated rating. An interesting fact, to me, was I had a 1.75 ratio of likes/posts (l/p) when I began. After engaging with a couple of very negative posters it dropped dramatically to 1.25. After reconsidering my approach to answering all posts in a more positive way and not just striking out I am pleased to say that as of this post I am at 2.136. The conclusion is one that we all know, you can catch more "likes" with honey. I'm not saying that we shouldn't be critical of any legitimate fault or concern but some are criticizing to be malicious (for whatever reason) and wanting to dissuade people from this wonderful adaption of one of the original internal combustion engine vehicles.
Respectfully,
Dustoff

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You got it.
That is precisely why that thread (post vs. likes) was started. When I first joined I just read and read the posts. The ones with fewer likes obviously were from people who were very negative about the Elio and had less likes than posts, Blackbird had a better than 2 to 1 likes per post because his posts were analytical from a neutral standpoint and called them that way. After running some numbers I realized that a ratio of 1 like to 1 post was a number that represented, not a good little fan, but one that had credible contributions to the forum. The members with .75 or below seemed to be just slinging trash for whatever reason or were just not that interesting to the forum. This is a peer evaluated rating. An interesting fact, to me, was I had a 1.75 ratio of likes/posts (l/p) when I began. After engaging with a couple of very negative posters it dropped dramatically to 1.25. After reconsidering my approach to answering all posts in a more positive way and not just striking out I am pleased to say that as of this post I am at 2.136. The conclusion is one that we all know, you can catch more "likes" with honey. I'm not saying that we shouldn't be critical of any legitimate fault or concern but some are criticizing to be malicious (for whatever reason) and wanting to dissuade people from this wonderful adaption of one of the original internal combustion engine vehicles.
Respectfully,
Dustoff
I participate in this forum for the reasons everyone has enumerated and I have tried to make this an enjoyable and informative experience. The world has plenty of sarcastic negative people and some of them are obviously here on the forum. I come from a background that demanded you identify the problem but also required that you identify a solution. Positive comments produce better results and are not perceived as attacks on the individual when someone identifies a different approach. I thought I was doing well at 1.580 Posts vs Likes but guess I need to take lessons from you.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I participate in this forum for the reasons everyone has enumerated and I have tried to make this an enjoyable and informative experience. The world has plenty of sarcastic negative people and some of them are obviously here on the forum. I come from a background that demanded you identify the problem but also required that you identify a solution. Positive comments produce better results and are not perceived as attacks on the individual when someone identifies a different approach. I thought I was doing well at 1.580 Posts vs Likes but guess I need to take lessons from you.
Jim,
I believe you are one of the more respected members of this forum. I personally learn a great deal from your presence.

Top Bottom