• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tesla’s Model 3 Electric Car Gets Requests For 135,000 Vehicles On First Day Of Ordering

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score

RadRich

Elio Fan
Reaction score
The point being is that for a $7000 car, and a massive campaign all across America (car shows, air shows, etc), this is all they can get for pre-orders?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The point being is that for a $7000 car, and a massive campaign all across America (car shows, air shows, etc), this is all they can get for pre-orders?
There are still a lot of people that have never heard of the Elio; and a lot of people that "want it NOW!" and won't do deposits.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Massive?, perhaps with the recent TV ads might say improving. Car shows also have a limited mass appeal.
For many, the economy( read inexpensive) of the E perhaps requires a conservative approach considering the upfront capital, and perceived risk (maybe some "wants" might feel even they might be shut-out should the project fail.)
Once they line is cranking them out, the free, large market news outlets, will, at that point produce sales tremendously .
Although there are many here, and thankfully I'm one, the E is replacing another toy/hobby i.e. motorcycling.
I think 50k, although slow in coming, will go off the charts, and at the same time we (with rebates) will be smiling, when the incentives will no longer be necessary. Keep in mind, the all-ins will be receiving a 50% "bonus" towards our purchase.

For me, it's been so long since I put down the 1K, I dismiss it, and only, when I do some preliminary calculations to approach with the concept my base price is $5,300! but that's just me.

I wish us all luck

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read recently that the $7500 tax incentive is eliminated after the first 200K units are sold.
Wonder what effect that will have on the rate of reservations?
I read that Musk was estimating 60,000 Model 3 reservations and is currently close to or beyond the 200K mark. My guess is that the refundable $1K reservations will continue to roll in. What may be impacted is the number of reservationists that follow through with official purchase orders as the production date rolls near.

After EV's become more affordable and mainstream the incentive program is no longer necessary. That time may have come.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read that Musk was estimating 60,000 Model 3 reservations and is currently close to or beyond the 200K mark. My guess is that the refundable $1K reservations will continue to roll in. What may be impacted is the number of reservationists that follow through with official purchase orders as the production date rolls near.

After EV's become more affordable and mainstream the incentive program is no longer necessary. That time may have come.
thought the incentives were determined by the total sales (per manufacturer)?

Top Bottom