• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tesla Yes But No Mention Of Elio

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the states that currently have franchise laws should allow the manufacturer's to sell directly but only if they first buy out the dealerships in a franchise area at a good price. Now consider if the EV's are so much more reliable that traditional dealerships begin to go out of business due to no service revenue. (Less dealer prep probably also.) Then the politicians will be begging for the manufacturers to provide support somehow. (Politicians always wait until its really a problem before acting it seems.)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the states that currently have franchise laws should allow the manufacturer's to sell directly but only if they first buy out the dealerships in a franchise area at a good price. Now consider if the EV's are so much more reliable that traditional dealerships begin to go out of business due to no service revenue. (Less dealer prep probably also.) Then the politicians will be begging for the manufacturers to provide support somehow. (Politicians always wait until its really a problem before acting it seems.)
Not all politicians. It seems the direct to consumer sales ban is primarily an issue with Red State politicians:
4E566C24-7C7B-454A-BD55-F9A9DC9160EA.jpeg

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is why Tesla is saving Elio Motors. They keep getting stated to change their laws, it just makes it a turn key operation for Elio when they open up their 60 stores soon.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now, if we'd just get a Pep Boys around here somewhere...

(Papillion, NE)
Elio is going to have other shops become the official service centers for the Pep Boys Dead Zones. So, you'll be fine. Just like the St. Louis Metro area. It's huge and millions of people but there's no way Elio will leave that area without a service center either.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio is going to have other shops become the official service centers for the Pep Boys Dead Zones. So, you'll be fine. Just like the St. Louis Metro area. It's huge and millions of people but there's no way Elio will leave that area without a service center either.
I know that part of the plan. I'm still hoping for a Pep Boys and was lamenting the fact that there won't even be a distribution center nearby.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know that part of the plan. I'm still hoping for a Pep Boys and was lamenting the fact that there won't even be a distribution center nearby.
In Germany, manufacturers license independent garages that can do service, parts and warranty work on new cars. For example, you don;t have to take a VW back to the VW dealer for warranty work. I expect that Elio will do the same as there are plenty of independent shops out there that would like the work. The Pep Boys Service only place a few miles from my house is just a franchised service center (it used to be a Midas). It's under the Pep Boys banner but only does service. There's even a place down the street from me that is a massive BMW only service and sales center. Not affiliated with BMW at all but the owner and i have talked and he'd even be up for taking on something like Elio for service because it's good consistent work.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In Germany, manufacturers license independent garages that can do service, parts and warranty work on new cars. For example, you don;t have to take a VW back to the VW dealer for warranty work. I expect that Elio will do the same as there are plenty of independent shops out there that would like the work. The Pep Boys Service only place a few miles from my house is just a franchised service center (it used to be a Midas). It's under the Pep Boys banner but only does service. There's even a place down the street from me that is a massive BMW only service and sales center. Not affiliated with BMW at all but the owner and i have talked and he'd even be up for taking on something like Elio for service because it's good consistent work.

Good to know. I'm still bummed there isn't anthing "Elio" planned for my area...

Top Bottom