• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Texas Show Apr. 22-24: Post Your Questions

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If nothing gets in the way, I Wii be at the show Friday the 22nd. If you have any questions, post them and I'll try to get the answers. These are what I have so far:

1. Any update on the E series build?
2. Any update on the DOE loan?
(don't expect anything out of those, but doesn't hurt to ask)
3. Daytime running lights?
4. Body panel material and molding process?
5. Final location of shifter/driver cup holder?
6. Tire size the open fenders are designed to fit?
7. Will open fenders be sold alone, or only with the tires and rims?
8. Estimated date when myelio.me will be up?

Smartphone pics will be all I can do, so they will not be as good as previous ones.
Do they (Elio) allow video, or is it strictly still photos?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
be advised with EM now being a publicly traded, they are even more tightly restrained in the info they can release .... the restraint has to do with laws covering insider trading ... basically most info must be released in a manner that it is available to all .... that isn't to say visitors to tour stops can't pick up some info, just that it won't be as easily obtained as in years past

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You can take video if you want, I did in Shreveport as they drove it across the street to park it. They will be guarded in their answers but you can ask what ever you want.
I'm hoping to get video of the view from the front and back seats, and the travel of the shifter (if they'll let me touch it) plus any other suggestions...

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm hoping to get video of the view from the front and back seats, and the travel of the shifter (if they'll let me touch it) plus any other suggestions...
In my excitement, I felt rushed once I got in. It was self imposed because I new there were a lot of people behind me waiting. I wanted to pay attention to the A pillars and the view out of the windshield, the mirrors and visibility to the rear, head room, shifter placement and peddles. I also wanted to look closer at the Elgin dash. It is all a blur now. I thought about going to the Dallas event to try again to pay attention. Good luck!

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Will there be marker and/or blinker lights on the front AND rear of the front wheel shrouds? Those things stick out far enough from the body that another driver estimating space to the side of the car is at risk of hitting the wheel.

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In my excitement, I felt rushed once I got in. It was self imposed because I new there were a lot of people behind me waiting. I wanted to pay attention to the A pillars and the view out of the windshield, the mirrors and visibility to the rear, head room, shifter placement and peddles. I also wanted to look closer at the Elgin dash. It is all a blur now. I thought about going to the Dallas event to try again to pay attention. Good luck!
That's why I want video. Can always watch it again ( and again, and again) Just hope my cheap camera is up to task.

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Will there be marker and/or blinker lights on the front AND rear of the front wheel shrouds? Those things stick out far enough from the body that another driver estimating space to the side of the car is at risk of hitting the wheel.
The answer I got when I went to the Shreveport show from Gerome, the national sales manager, was NO, it would be distracting to other drivers. Reflective tape was his suggestion. I thought it would be cool to have some type of driving lights so when you turned a corner you could see around the corner as well as be seen by other motorist. Since the fenders move left and right as well as up and down it would draw attention to those lights moving around and could be distracting to other motorist is the explanation I got. So I may add something my self.

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The answer I got when I went to the Shreveport show from Gerome, the national sales manager, was NO, it would be distracting to other drivers. Reflective tape was his suggestion. I thought it would be cool to have some type of driving lights so when you turned a corner you could see around the corner as well as be seen by other motorist. Since the fenders move left and right as well as up and down it would draw attention to those lights moving around and could be distracting to other motorist is the explanation I got. So I may add something my self.
I can see an aftermarket replacement for the lower rear part of the shroud that has at a minimum reflectors built in for the rear view. Possibly the whole shroud. But really I want lights, LED's would be cool for the rear of the shroud, integrated as blinkers would be very nice. Course all that depends on getting wiring out to the end of the suspension which is something that would be done best at the factory rather than an aftermarket option.

Top Bottom