• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Hud For The Elio

Do you like the Elio?

• Yes

Votes: 61 83.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 12 16.4%

• Total voters

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey, I was reading the description of the HUD that is now showing as a convenience item in the configurator. To me, it looks like a Skyzmatic-Lite. It uses your smartphone but will show backup camera and others and probably other things... I'm thinking texts on-screen and maybe navigation. There isn't an indication of who makes the unit but I'm thinking it is definitely in my "probably" list of options. What do you guys think?

HUD for Elio.JPG

EDIT: THIS PICTURE IS A SCREEN CAPTURE FROM THE CONFIGURATOR.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, I was reading the description of the HUD that is now showing as a convenience item in the configurator. To me, it looks like a Skyzmatic-Lite. It uses your smartphone but will show backup camera and others and probably other things... I'm thinking texts on-screen and maybe navigation. There isn't an indication of who makes the unit but I'm thinking it is definitely in my "probably" list of options. What do you guys think?
View attachment 10949
Is this being shown as a separate item?
There's something about the gesture control module that sounds familiar; like I read it before as part of one of the other systems we were bringing up that did the same things as the Skyzmatic POS.
I'll have to go digging and see if I can find it again.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There's something about the gesture control module that sounds familiar; like I read it before as part of one of the other systems we were bringing up that did the same things as the Skyzmatic POS.
It IS being shown as a separate item in the same group as the Skyzmatic, park assist, and TPMS. It seems likely that you can get it without Skyz. In fact, thinking about it, the description DOES say that it works with your phone which would indicate to me that it doesn't need Skyz's internet connection.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
It IS being shown as a separate item in the same group as the Skyzmatic, park assist, and TPMS. It seems likely that you can get it without Skyz. In fact, thinking about it, the description DOES say that it works with your phone which would indicate to me that it doesn't need Skyz's internet connection.
Hmmmm I wonder if you can use it on a tablet; that way it would be a decent size to read and see objects.
But then again, the new phones are almost the same size as a small tablet.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmmmm I wonder if you can use it on a tablet; that way it would be a decent size to read and see objects.
But then again, the new phones are almost the same size as a small tablet.
I didn't think that the display used your phone there on the dash but rather just the computing power/connection of your phone. For $400+, it better have it's own display!

Hob

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Navdy is what you're thinking about.. https://www.navdy.com/?utm_source=AdWords&utm_medium=CPC

Top Bottom