• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

This Is Why We Need Our Elio.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very true. The lower cost electrics, like the Leaf and Bolt do okay on that metric because of the favorable conversion to mpg-e (~$275/mpg-e), but the Elio is still considerably lower.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Bolt and Leaf are in production. It remains to be seen if our Elios can be produced at the project price.
I have no doubt the price of an Elio would only go up. That is why I locked in. Elio theoretically figured the minimum they could charge, not the maximum. If the production models are, fun and trustworthy, I see no problem for Elio selling them for a thousand more than they are now.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Put that turbo kit on it, some diagonal coil over shocks, and a sleek racing paint scheme, and it would sell very well!

Yes, this is the one I want! I am not interested in the gas mileage and if it gets 200 miles per tank (25 MPG), fine with me. Small, fast, fun to drive is what I am after.

BTW, I have the coilovers for my Miata in a box behind me waiting for a good weekend to put them on. I would love to teach my son to drive in an Elio. He starts learning in 4 years...

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Back when I heard Roush was working on the Elio, I sent an email to Roush suggesting they leave a space that coilover shocks can be added. I told them we owners would be doing the welding, drilling, and mounting of the shocks, but first there has to be an empty space for the shocks.

Top Bottom