• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Three-wheel-6800-elio-delayed-again-could-be-too-little-too-late

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Without physical evidence that the E builds are on track, testing is underway, and the factory is being tooled for producing the 100 pre-production Elio's.........that is exactly the kind of press one may expect now that EM is a publicly traded company. The Q4 2016 production schedule has been delayed.........or did I misinterpret the announcement. We have to take the good, the bad, and the ugly news media coverage. Roush should be kicking into high gear any time now.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I expect more of these negative publicities until at least we see pictures/videos of the E-series builds and the 100 pre-prod roaming Americas streets early next year. Nothing's over until PE says so! Frustrating to say the least of the delay but somehow EM manage to get by w/ "JUST ENOUGH" money coming in to move to the next phase. Maybe after the 100 pre-prod has been safely handed over to it's owners, more money will come in "JUST ENOUGH" to build the next 5,000 ELIOs (that includes my 2) and FUHGETABOUT the rest! :D Ok, I'm kidding. :D

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess he thinks efficiency is only a concern when gas prices are high. I suppose the price point is irrelevant to him.
The Elio is so much more than mpg and I don't think that's what the Forbes journalist meant. He may have been implying that if it takes much longer fans may lose interest and or discover alternative vehicles that may find their way to market before the Elio finally finds it's way to production. It's better to be first place in the race to production.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Without physical evidence that the E builds are on track, testing is underway, and the factory is being tooled for producing the 100 pre-production Elio's.........that is exactly the kind of press one may expect now that EM is a publicly traded company. The Q4 2016 production schedule has been delayed.........or did I misinterpret the announcement. We have to take the good, the bad, and the ugly news media coverage. Roush should be kicking into high gear any time now.
It depends on what you call the production of pre-production vehicles. It's sort of an oxymoran,
The Elio is so much more than mpg and I don't think that's what the Forbes journalist meant. He may have been implying that if it takes much longer fans may lose interest and or discover alternative vehicles that may find their way to market before the Elio finally finds it's way to production. It's better to be first place in the race to production.
It's even better to be the only one in the race.

CherylM

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Personally, I don't see even a belated Elio being too little too late. I put my original $100 all in way back in fall of 2014, and decided to get my spot in line at the end of the year when the Shreveport plant was secured and it was also apparent that delays were inevitable. My logic was if there were going to be delays, I may as well be closer to the front of the line. Since I put that money down, I've upgraded my big expensive gas guzzling truck twice. I'm 100% an "and" buyer of the Elio, and people like me are never going to drop $30K+ on an electric car. It's just an affordable way to have a daily driver in addition to that fancy truck. And all politics aside, I'm a big supporter of "Buy America" meaning the USA and not Mexico as a North American assembly. I'm sure the Elio could have been in production by now if it followed the manufacturing practices of other American car manufacturers, and in this case am happy to impatiently wait for that sticker that says "Made in the USA".

Top Bottom