• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Time To Buy A Sparrow?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just noticed the drop in value of the Canadian dollar to the U.S. dollar-

As prices for commodities have dropped, the value of the Canadian dollar has fallen, a direct link to an economy that is dependent on oil and other resources. It makes imports, like fresh American vegetables during the dark Canadian winter, look especially costly. Two years ago, one Canadian dollar was worth 93 American cents. On Wednesday, it stood at 69 American cents.
At 20k canadian you can now buy (get a lil) for (math was never my strong suit. $14k American??

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Sparrow is to be USA built, but it would be an excellent time to buy the Canadian built Solo EV Concept.
image.jpeg

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've read that you can buy a Spark in Canada with US funds for under $7000. Bringing it to US may be a problem though.;)
just did some searching, seems the EPA is a major road block. with an EV it might be moot, seems the rest is "fees" and paperwork,
just as we "talk" Elio EV, perhaps the Spark as an ICE, would pose a challenge to E.M.?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been following the Sparrow closely, my time frame requires an Elio before my Versa gives out, so we will see who wins. I would rather have the Elio, but sometimes the situation forces things. As far as the EV goes, I can live with it, but would rather not.
If Mike Corbin resurrects his Bird, the redesigned Sparrow 2 EV, there will only be a 100 units built in 2016, and no doubt out of my pricepoint.

If the Canadian based Electra Meccanica can build their SOLO EV @ $20K CDN, about $15K USA less the $1500 Electric Motorcycle tax incentive is very affordable, but I doubt they can do it in 2016 without having a SOLO built and tested. They think they can:

image.jpeg

Top Bottom