• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tire Talk And An Upcoming Event

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
https://www.eliomotors.com/tire-talk-and-an-upcoming-event/

April 21, 2017

[Broken External Image]

Happy Friday Elio’ers! Football season is over, but the other three major sports are in exciting stages. As far as baseball is concerned, the season is just beginning and every team has a chance. For the NBA and NHL, the marathon of the regular season has produced exciting first round matchups. There are other sports that can make up for the lack of football. The Masters took place last month and we’re entering peak golf weather. The Indy 500 is a little more than a month away, but automotive enthusiasts find a way to fill the calendar with electrifying events.

One of the most interesting aspects of an auto race is the pit stop. Sure, the vehicle needs gas, but the changing of the tires is fascinating. In a matter of seconds, a team is able to work together and provide the vehicle with the proper tires and in the blink of an eye, the vehicle is back to cruising around the track. In this week’s Momentum we took a look at the tires we will be using on the Elio, which will be supplied by Continental Tire. As our followers are an inquisitive group, we received many fantastic follow-up questions about the tires and other tire-related questions. So, let’s answer the most common questions!

[Broken External Image]

Will I be able to add a spare tire as an option?

Just like most of our options, if there is enough demand from Elio owners, there is a good chance that we will offer a spare tire as an option. If we don’t offer it as an aftersale option from Elio Motors the automotive aftermarket can step in and provide!

Will replacement tires be readily available?

Yes. The tires for the Elio are not currently made in the USA, but Continental Tire has agreed to manufacture the Elio tire in Sumter, South Carolina. Elio owners will have no problems finding the correct tires.

Will snow tires be available?

The Continental ProContact GX tires we will be using are designed to drive in every weather condition. But, we realize that snow is an issue in many parts of the country. Our engineers are working on a winter package solution, which may include snow tires or other viable traction options. These details will be available before we get into production. As a front wheel drive vehicle, the Elio can handle normal winter weather as well as most front wheel drive sedans on the road. The Elio will handle just fine in moderate snow conditions, but it won’t replace your 4WD tank.

[Broken External Image]

Before we leave you for the weekend, we wanted to give our Michigan and surrounding area supporters a heads up. We have a single afternoon break n the schedule for the E1c and will be showing in a “Pop Up” tour stop somewhere in the Detroit metro area on Wednesday, April 26th mid-afternoon for 4 hours or so. The details are still being hammered out, but if you want to see how you fit, kick the tires, and talk to some awesome Elio Motors folks, come and see us on Wednesday. Once we have the final details ironed out, we’ll post them here and through social media.

Thanks for your support!

PA Car Guy

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
.....winter package solution, which may include snow tires or other viable traction options.

hmmn... my mind went a little wonky.... like 2 front tracks from an arctic tank? or a button that raise the Elio like a hydrofoil onto 3 skis?

geez it must be Friday afternoon.....

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That last bit is rather important. The first public Elio showing of 2017. I hope they have some answers to share about why they've been so quiet recently.
Yeah, no kidding. I was hoping to actually be able to see the Elio in person one of these days. I hope someone goes and asks them what's up with the tour, and the absence from shows lately. Hopefully it's due to updates to the e1c. I think that was supposed to be the"benchmark" or something unit that was kept up to date with all of the latest changes. Or was that some other unit?

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, no kidding. I was hoping to actually be able to see the Elio in person one of these days. I hope someone goes and asks them what's up with the tour, and the absence from shows lately. Hopefully it's due to updates to the e1c. I think that was supposed to be the"benchmark" or something unit that was kept up to date with all of the latest changes. Or was that some other unit?
" The E1B will be what’s called “The Integration Vehicle” and will be used for the packaging of the latest components, also known as the “Match Car.” Any changes and modifications that are made to other E-Series’ vehicles also will be made on the E1B. It will stay at the Pilot Operations Center in Livonia, Mich. and serve as a physical record of our changes and modifications."
https://www.eliomotors.com/meet-the-23-e-series-vehicles-elio-momentum-v65/

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can understand EM having this showing. This website is the most upbeat and positive media about the Elio. In recent time, even this website has become somewhat negative about ever seeing an Elio. EM sees they are loosing their supporters. These supporters will be important advertising agents when production begins.

I wonder if EM is advertising this to the world, or only to their fan base.

Is anyone creating a thread to collect questions to be asked at the showing? We have only a few days.

WOW! I am starting to feel a little excited like the old days!

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Didn't they do a car show in Detroit not long ago?

Elio doesn't seem to get the message with only one posting, so here it is again!

This tour, which could be done in a week, will expose 20,000,000 potential buyers to their car. Come on people, why spend your money in Detroit? They either already know about the Elio or don't care...

texas_map.jpg

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Didn't they do a car show in Detroit not long ago?

Elio doesn't seem to get the message with only one posting, so here it is again!

This tour, which could be done in a week, will expose 20,000,000 potential buyers to their car. Come on people, why spend your money in Detroit? They either already know about the Elio or don't care...

texas_map.jpg
The really should show it in Texas if they can. I'm sure they are showing it in Michigan because it is a quick trip from the builder to there.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A quick trip to be sure, but EM needs to get the vehicle in front of qualified buyers (it's an old marketing tactic). Face it, guys, the rust belt is dead and unlikely to recover soon.

Let's get an E1 model in front of the largest number of people who need and can actually BUY the product. In marketing terms, the "Texas Triangle" is the most critical market for the company outside of Southern California in terms of greatest need and available disposable income.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A quick trip to be sure, but EM needs to get the vehicle in front of qualified buyers (it's an old marketing tactic). Face it, guys, the rust belt is dead and unlikely to recover soon.

Let's get an E1 model in front of the largest number of people who need and can actually BUY the product. In marketing terms, the "Texas Triangle" is the most critical market for the company outside of Southern California in terms of greatest need and available disposable income.
That could very well be true but doesn't change the fact that it costs to travel and last I saw, Elio was operating on a shoestring budget.

Top Bottom