• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Today I Sat In The P4...

Inigo93

Elio Addict
Reaction score
VXziFrk.jpg

My thoughts/comments can mostly be found here.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
VXziFrk.jpg

My thoughts/comments can mostly be found here.
Wow!!!!! Thank you for the pictures and information. Very informative. Great pics. I'm so glad you took the time to go and to take the pictures. The trunk actually looks bigger than I expected. Your picture of it is a lot better than the one Elio has on their website. LOL :-) Z

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the undercarriage pic, looks like they don't have a bottom pan after all. This is also the ONLY pic of the trunk where I can actually see inside, thanks & WOW that is tiny!

Last edited:

Inigo93

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From my perspective I saw some hits and misses on fit & finish but I don't believe that actually means much. It's a prototype. Poor fit/finish could be a reflection of the non-production methods. Good fit/finish could be a reflection of the same non-production methods. Neither of which necessarily have anything to do with how fit/finish on a production unit would be.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
From my perspective I saw some hits and misses on fit & finish but I don't believe that actually means much. It's a prototype. Poor fit/finish could be a reflection of the non-production methods. Good fit/finish could be a reflection of the same non-production methods. Neither of which necessarily have anything to do with how fit/finish on a production unit would be.

I had the same thoughts and I am guessing the P5 will only be somewhat better as it will still be a one off prototype even if it includes more parts that will make it into production. Unfortunately I don't think we will really get a true idea of the final fit & finish until they do the pre-production run of 18-26 cars.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did the interior feel like cheap hard plastic or was it decent?
As interesting as the question is I think it is a moot point at this time. Everything in the prototypes is, I believe, co-opted from other vehicles. My feeling and impression is that Paul Elio is looking for inexpensive not cheap. There is a very big difference. Once we get a prototype that actually has parts that will be seen in the finished product then we can judge the quality of what he has selected. I am confident he will make it worth the wait because this is his baby and he wants it to be a success. Going on the cheap is not going to achieve that. :-) Z

Inigo93

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did the interior feel like cheap hard plastic or was it decent?

Don't remember precisely as I was in shock at how much room there was. Seriously, I expected it to be a tight fit but it had to be the roomiest driver's seat I've ever sat in. So I was just like, "But....it's so roomy!" Oh, and I remember thinking that the seat was quite comfortable. The only thing I remember not thinking much of were the controls for the AC. They certainly looked scabbed together as they had a shiny chrome-like finish while everything else was done in black.

That said, I *like* hard plastic so that wouldn't have made a bad impression on me.

Top Bottom