• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tolls And The Autocycle

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking the E's will be charged tolls as cars, treated as motorcycles for HOV's,
and here in (Washington) government operated ferries charged as M C, line up as cars.
Required emissions testing??
driver's license road testing as a car?
toll roads?
Bridges/tunnels?
Parking fees/permits?

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
YES - the gummits will charge whichever way benefits them the most. I expect the same to happen with the insurance as well. I do not expect to pay 'motorcycle insurance' for my Elio, at least not for very long. Everything is a business model, and where profits can be easily made, they will be.

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What ever makes the State and Federal Government more money, is how the Elio will be classified.
That doesn't actually make a whole lot of sense. If it were true they'd charge every vehicle the same, so the semi truck hauling 20,000 pounds of cargo would pay the same as a motorcycle or an Elio. Since they don't do that, it'll be a fee appropriate to the vehicle.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read the title of this thread as "Trolls and Autocycles". :p

I think things like human-operated toll booths will charge them as cars, but the automated toll scanners will recognize it as an autocycle/motorcycle (or whatever it's legal definition is). Until they are widespread and recognized as autocycles, I think most of them will get mistaken for cars in situations where a human is required to make a judgement call.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Too funny!! Trolls vs. tolls!!,
this troll dwells about 2 miles from me (under an overpass)

troll.jpeg

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At present, autocycles in Texas might pass free of charge on toll roads and HOV lanes. Of course Elio has yet to achieve any kind of market presence here, but as soon as a couple thousand hit Texas roads and highways, I look for the present ruling to change. That's what happened to motorcycles. Yup, they pay tolls now.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At present, autocycles in Texas might pass free of charge on toll roads and HOV lanes. Of course Elio has yet to achieve any kind of market presence here, but as soon as a couple thousand hit Texas roads and highways, I look for the present ruling to change. That's what happened to motorcycles. Yup, they pay tolls now.
do motor cycles pay the same as cars??

Top Bottom