• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Trikes Get A Powerful Makeover For 2015

satx

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Can-Am says the six-year-old Spyder line is a $300-million-a-year business for Canadian parent company BRP,

The exotic-looking vehicles aren't cheap.

Harley's 2015 Tri Glide Ultra — which is powered by a massive 103-cubic-inch V-Twin engine, weighs 1,215 pounds and has more storage capacity than a studio apartment — starts at $32,999. The smaller Freewheeler, which this year joined the older Tri Glide in the Harley fleet, is powered by the same big V-Twin, but with fewer features and only a third the storage space, and starts at $24,999.

The four vehicles in the Spyder line have base prices from $14,999 to $23,199 — with the highest-priced model being the company's top seller.

Minnesota-based Polaris' Slingshot — brand new for 2015 from the parent company also responsible for the Victory and Indian motorcycle lines, as well as snowmobiles and side-by-side off-road vehicles — starts at just under $20,000.

Canada's Campagna produces the T-Rex, the oldest three-wheeler of the currently available models. The wickedly fast vehicle drives more like a car than a motorcycle, and costs upward of $60,000.

Trike customers, the companies said, are baby boomers, former military personnel who are injured, those who are handicapped or riders who feel too old or weak for two wheels.

http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-three-wheelers-20150103-story.html#page=1

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Went to the YMCA the other day and parked next to a Campagna V13R. Only $54K and it can be yours!
Once I get my blue Elio, I'll try to find it in the parking lot and park next to it and see what happens.

Photos link: https://app.box.com/s/e1lob6mwwmio88gltejt7qlkwk7ujss6
Thanks for the great photos. They are the first I have seen of this vehicle. I'll still take my Elio because you can buy six and a half Elio's for the same price and the Elio has AC and all weather protection. Granted the Elio won't have the speed or acceleration.

Top Bottom