• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Trolls?

aahz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok all, I realize this is a touchy question but?
Can you all enlighten me on Trolls? I've discovered they are people looking for trouble but, how did this term get started? Relatively new to online stuff. Help me out here. Are there other terms I should know about? Unsaid things I should avoid?? Thanks

skychief

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, seen that. I thought there might be more to it? Thank you
There really isn't. I would, however, point out that trolling is relative. iow, one person might regard a post as being topical and having insight, while another person reading the exact same post could be offended by the content and considers the poster a troll.

I'm almost certain that someone that is reading this considers me a troll.

Stephen Workman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EVERYONE who has posted online more than one time could be considered by SOME a 'troll'. Don't let the term itself bug you - be prepared to defend your statements - and admit when you have been shown to be incorrect (I have myself - on this forum), and you'll be okay. I don't agree with everything said on this forum - but I agree more often than not.

aahz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks all. I'm still a bit new to this online stuff. Had a Facebook acct for a while but never really involved much with it. Only did it cause my daughter said I Needed one! Hah!! Only joined 2other forums and not really into them. I am interested in this one and all the friendly folks and banter here though! Thanks

Tom Sleight

Elio Fan
Reaction score
1cge20.jpg

Trolls have a habit of using memes to communicate.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I view trolls as people who post points, questions, or statements that are designed and intended to inflame. It can be tough to separate a troll's question from one merely trying to gain knowledge, but you can generally spot a troll from a pattern of posts that are inflammatory in nature (e.g., going on this forum and posting, "I don't see how the Elio can possibly be safe, even if it miraculously makes it to production").

Top Bottom