1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

True Believers

Discussion in 'General Elio Discussion' started by jlewis3323, Sep 15, 2014.

1. jlewis3323

jlewis3323 Elio Fan

Those who have elected to go "all in" are True Believers and there are many factors for why we choose to be. Most of us have a passion for technology, but believe it goes far beyond this. For one I think it is the creativity of the idea that sparks us as to recognize this can be a game changer for how we look at automotive transport. We believe in Paul Elio and his team to deliver America a better form of transport that is uniquely focused on our passion for driving. At the same time we believe it is possible to build a vehicle that is on the leading edge of technology, safe, reliable, affordable, cool wrapped in a quality package. Why do we believe it so?

Lil4X, Bert, D Borland and 5 others like this.
  2. ecdriver711

ecdriver711 Elio Addict

Here, here. Because EM people have so much passion for this machine. Also, I need this milage.

Bert, D Borland, imageon and 2 others like this.
  3. jlewis3323

jlewis3323 Elio Fan

Not much rationale with True Believers other than we dream a lot and have a passion for ways to make them real. We must be dreaming to believe it is possible to build a vehicle that is on the leading edge of coolness, safe, fun, reliable, affordable, all wrapped in a quality package built in America. No..... we're just True Believers looking for the means to make them real!

Bert, D Borland, zelio and 1 other person like this.
  4. BillZ

BillZ Elio Addict

I live for change and I love new stuff. The EM dream is something I find it easy to get behind and support. I love to drive and am really psyched about this new Made In America vehicle!

Dooltd, Bert, D Borland and 4 others like this.
  5. Mr Deleon

Mr Deleon Elio Aficionado

As a middle school engineering teacher I believe in supporting innovations and the people that dare to dream when and however I can. I think that if Elio is able to produce a vehicle that will get the MPGs they are promising for the price they are promising then it certainty has the potential to be a game changer in the automotive industry. This sort of dream/vision is what the U.S. was built on and desperately needs to return to. A nation of dreamers and innovators that lead not follow. I chose to go all in to voice my support for even just daring to try. Vote with my money! And the fact that I have a 45 mile commute one way helped convince me too :)

Bert, D Borland, Dustman and 4 others like this.
  6. zelio

zelio Elio Addict

I was first drawn by the looks - the Elio very simply looks like a fun vehicle to drive. Then the price was actually something I have a chance of being able to afford. The mpg means that I will be able to drive it and not worry about taking the occasional side trip. Safety is another important thing although I have never been afraid to drive small cars. Having said that, I want to live to be a healthy 100 so having a safe car to drive is important. Those are the "meat" of my thinking. The gravy is American Made. All in all, I love the idea of driving something different and fun. :-) Z

Lil4X, karl, Bert and 7 others like this.
  7. imageon

imageon Elio Addict

I just want the thing.
    When I first saw it on my iPhone in June.
    Found the site and went all in. Have not regretted it since.
    MK

NSTG8R, Bert, D Borland and 3 others like this.
  8. TCBronson

TCBronson Elio Addict

I want to be a part of automotive history in the making and that is why I want one. I also like the concept and the overall package, styling and performance potential the vehicle will have. I also like the idea of being different at least for a while until the rest of the world catches on!

NSTG8R, xAaron, Bert and 3 others like this.
  9. R

R Elio Aficionado

Simple reason...

Made in the USA

NSTG8R, xAaron, Bert and 1 other person like this.
  10. Smitty901

Smitty901 Elio Addict

Not sure all of us that went all in at $1000 are as much True Believers as True supporters of a dream. I am ELIO #8019. I however seriously doubt I will ever see one produced. Does not mean I will not still support the dream.
    There are many reasons someone like me want to see the ELIO built.