• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Trunk Questions

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I emailed Elio inquiring if the trunk would be big enough to fit full size airline checked baggage and the answer is no.

Airline baggage dimensions: 28.5" x 19" x 10.5"
Trunk dimensions: 27″ x 14″ x 10″

It looks like I'll either be in long term parking during trips or go to the airport in a friends' car.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I emailed Elio inquiring if the trunk would be big enough to fit full size airline checked baggage and the answer is no.

It looks like I'll either be in long term parking during trips or go to the airport in a friends' car.
Or you could buy smaller baggage and pack more efficiently. Just a thought. And as someone else has mentioned your bag will probably fit in the back seat if you put it in through the door. :-) Z

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Could you simply put the suitcase in the back seat? If its big enough for a full size adult I would guess you could fit a bag in back. Also, I think the dimensions are with the rear seat up. If you fold the seat down the cargo area would be larger.

That was my thought as well. In one of there YouTube videos, it shows them putting a set of golf clubs in the back with the seat down.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
On the Elio Owners Facebook group one of the members, Ronnie Wolf, posted these pictures he took after taking what he needs and putting them in the trunk of the P4.

As a teacher, I was concerned about the trunk space and its ability to hold my rolling bag and lunch bag, so when they came to San Antonio I asked if I could see.These are pictures of them in the trunk. The red one is a Coleman 42 can Soft Cooler measuring 50.5x31.8x28.3 and the blue bag is a 12 can soft cooler measuring 10.75x5.5x8.8. The big bag fit with the handles on the left and right as well as when turned with them on the top and bottom. The trunk was able to close after moving them all the way forward to the back seat. (Yes the seat was up.) Both of these bags are sold at WalMart, in case you want to get a closer look at their sizes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On the Elio Owners Facebook group one of the members, Ronnie Wolf, posted these pictures he took after taking what he needs and putting them in the trunk of the P4.
Great pictures. Any way you could post a picture of the two bags by your feet or something to give them context? I read your measurements but would like to "see" what that looks like. I can't wait to see one in person (Balloon Festival in Albuquerque is a LOOOOONG way off!)

Last edited by a moderator:

redhedman50

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score

Fold down the rear seat if you are alone. Also, there is supposed to be a good deal of room behind the drivers seat.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great pictures. Any way you could post a picture of the two bags by your feet or something to give them context? I read your measurements but would like to "see" what that looks like. I can't wait to see one in person (Balloon Festival in Albuquerque is a LOOOOONG way off!)
Maybe not as long as it looks right now. Do you realize 2014 is already 1/4 over? Where did those 3 months go? Of course I know where mine went. Elio Motors.com and right here. LOL :-) Z

Top Bottom