• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Ttac Chimes In On Elio Again

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Some interesting comments some of the people made at the end of that article; there are haters that don't even think that it would be a hit in China because they couldn't afford it. What kind of rock do some of these people live under. There were others that went on about how they thought it was just an oddball then swung 180 and said they wanted one.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Instead, Elio announced that the production trike will feature a modular, upgradable infotainment and audio system supplied by MTX Audio controlled by a tablet mounted to the right of the steering wheel."

My emphasis. Looks like they mixed up the standard and optional equipment.
I'm pretty sure the tablet mount is going to be standard equipment. The onboard Skysmatic mobile internet will be optional, but I think they're counting on the tablet mount system as standard for people's non-radio entertainment.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Really? Huh. I thought it was going to have a standard stereo, with the mount being optional equipment only for Skyz systems. So... BYOT? (Bring Your Own Tablet) Tablet's aren't really all that expensive, but still, I can't imagine them providing it. And if you don't want to put a tablet in your car, you're stuck with an empty tablet mounting arm hanging hanging there looking silly?

/me wonders how this will work...

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Really? Huh. I thought it was going to have a standard stereo, with the mount being optional equipment only for Skyz systems. So... BYOT? (Bring Your Own Tablet) Tablet's aren't really all that expensive, but still, I can't imagine them providing it. And if you don't want to put a tablet in your car, you're stuck with an empty tablet mounting arm hanging hanging there looking silly?

/me wonders how this will work...
No, no permanent mounting arm. No included smartphones or tablets. :p

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the tablet mount is going to be standard equipment. The onboard Skysmatic mobile internet will be optional, but I think they're counting on the tablet mount system as standard for people's non-radio entertainment.
I hope not. I want a DN 2 slot with a radio and that is all. I don't want my eyes pulled that far down and right, and poking at touch screens is problematic for my shaky fingers. A radio is what was listed as standard equipment and that's what I want.

Of course, I could get seduced, but not to a skyzmatic! See post below.

Last edited:

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope not. I want a DN 2 slot with a radio and that is all. I don't want my eyes pulled that far down and right, and poking at touch screens is problematic for my shaky fingers. A radio is what was listed as standard equipment and that's what I want.
Radio is standard. Smartphone/tablet and apps optional.

Top Bottom