• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Turbo Retrofit Poll

How much would you pay for a retrofit turbo for your Elio

• $1,500

• $1,800

• $2,000

• $2,250

• $2,500

• Nothing -- it's not worth it to me

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let's assume that about a year into production Elio offers a turbo version of the car. The turbo can be retrofitted to your Elio. It will boost power from 55 to 70 or 75 horsepower. Assume that the turbo requires new pistons, possibly a re-worked head, and a re-done exhaust manifold, as well as the turbo itself.

The turbo option includes higher spring rates, beefier shocks, and upgraded brakes as well as the stuff it has to have to work at all with this engine.

So, sports car lovers, what do you pay for this beast of an Elio?

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is my understanding that the engine was designed from the beginning to handle a turbo, I would like to think it would be just the Turbo and installation kit only. No new pistons or head etc. And no suspension or brake upgrades needed either. I would also like the total HP to be at least 100. I would pay up to $2000 for a kit like that OR trade in my Elio for a factory Turbo model if the kit was higher.

raptor213

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Precision Turbo & Engine has attended Elio Supplier Summits and appears to have all but committed to designing a turbo package/kit for the Elio. Assuming they don't develop a clean-sheet design and instead pull from current off-the-shelf inventory, at listed MSRP prices of an entry-level turbo, entry-level air-to-air charge intercooler, and the hoses, flanges, clamps, mounting brackets and hardware necessary for proper install, I'd be shocked if it could be done for less than $1400. I'd guess after markups by either/both PTE/Elio, we'd be looking at $1500-2000, potentially not including the cost of installation.

Top Bottom