• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Turborize Me

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Besides, lafrisbee if you don't do your own research how do you know that our comments are "speculation" and if you do do your own research; why does it matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And I started this thread to get the truth, not to read hearsay, and unsupported statements. Below is my opening post. I asked for your Ideas, and knowledge, not the hearsay crap. So go make one word assignations on someone else's thread. I started this thread trying to find the truth, and not to have immature members post.

This thread turned into nothing more than a 'mines bigger than yours' showdown.

"I started this thread trying to find the truth [about turbos I assume?], and not to have immature members post"
I call baloney. You don't want that. As you've stated yourself.
"So of course I would rather take a bath than try and find out about turbos on the EE."
Talk about a contradiction... you are trying to find out about turbos, right?
Look, Mike171 is obviously a professional. A little overzealous (lighten up a little) but a professional. He's not going to hack together a system for cheap. If you want it from him, it will be 'correct' and 'optimized' for your specific purpose: a turbo vehicle that you can get in, drive, and not have to worry about or tinker with. That will indeed cost you around $5000.
I won't bore you, or Mike, with what I can, have done, and will do (which in Mikes defense I would never do to a customer car, I only do to my vehicles, or friends, because we want to see what is possible. Even if it's just reducing pumping losses through piston ventilation), because neither of you care or really ever did care about that.
So here is your answer as if you did not already know. Yes, you can turbo the car. Yes, it will cost a lot of money. Elio may or may not have it as an option sometime in the future.
Now back to immature posts. You answered your own question even before you asked it. That's basically trolling. Trolling is the epitome of immature.

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From Wikipedia
navigation, search
For other uses, see Ignorance (disambiguation).
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed (lack of knowledge).[1] The word ignorant is an adjective describing a person in the state of being unaware and is often used as an insult to describe individuals who deliberately ignore or disregard important information or facts. Ignoramus is commonly used in the US, the UK, and Ireland as a term for someone who is willfully ignorant.

Ignorance is distinguished from stupidity, although both can lead to "unwise" acts.

I believe this is the word I used that got people fired up but I still feel it was used appropriately.

I posted a very thorough answer to the original question posted on this thread and then tried to correct some mis-information that was posted as hearsay. If that somehow makes me an A-hole then so be it.
I can't state this enough, but www.eliomotors.com has all the current factual specs that you desire. If it is stated there it is current and accurate. No searching or combing the internet or forums, just one website. Or, if you want instant updates on changes that they make or new news articles/ blogs then follow them on Facebook or Twitter. You have more posts where you are trying to hold everyone else accountable. Why don't you use this effort to do your own research since the accuracy of information is so important? Rather than chastise others because you don't feel that there info is accurate. FYI, if the info you seek is not on www.eliomotors.com or www.facebook.com/eliomotors then it is probably not a spec that they want to release. "Possibly" (sorry, possibly could be construed as an open ended speculation with no factual source) because it is something that will change on future prototypes. Remember Elio is providing us a window into a process that most other manufacturers alienate us from. The Elio website format is not BS, it's called marketing. Here in the real world it helps generate excitement and sell things. It also has current specs, photos, videos, links to supporting manufacturers, descriptions of what each manufacturer does, current amount of reservations and a list of their core values (84mpg, American Made with 90% American sourced parts, $6,800 and 5 star crash rating). These core values are stated in every news article and blog, it's called developing a platform. It's how modern businesses are successful.
Well said man. Thanks.

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This thread turned into nothing more than a 'mines bigger than yours' showdown.

"I started this thread trying to find the truth [about turbos I assume?], and not to have immature members post"
I call baloney. You don't want that. As you've stated yourself.
"So of course I would rather take a bath than try and find out about turbos on the EE."
Talk about a contradiction... you are trying to find out about turbos, right?
Look, Mike171 is obviously a professional. A little overzealous (lighten up a little) but a professional. He's not going to hack together a system for cheap. If you want it from him, it will be 'correct' and 'optimized' for your specific purpose: a turbo vehicle that you can get in, drive, and not have to worry about or tinker with. That will indeed cost you around $5000.
I won't bore you, or Mike, with what I can, have done, and will do (which in Mikes defense I would never do to a customer car, I only do to my vehicles, or friends, because we want to see what is possible. Even if it's just reducing pumping losses through piston ventilation), because neither of you care or really ever did care about that.
So here is your answer as if you did not already know. Yes, you can turbo the car. Yes, it will cost a lot of money. Elio may or may not have it as an option sometime in the future.
Now back to immature posts. You answered your own question even before you asked it. That's basically trolling. Trolling is the epitome of immature.
Looks like somebody's ego just got hurt. I better shut up and stop instigating. :D

Top Bottom