• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Using Mobil 15 K Extended Performance Synthetic Oil

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I posted about using Mobil 15 K motor oil. And this is what I did. After examining the oil at 10 K miles, it was a little darker, but very clean. So I changed my filter which is a 10 K mile filter. The filter is on top of the engine on my pre-runner so it is easy to change it. Will drive it for another 5 K before changing the Oil and filter.:p:p:p

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I posted about using Mobil 15 K motor oil. And this is what I did. After examining the oil at 10 K miles, it was a little darker, but very clean. So I changed my filter which is a 10 K mile filter. The filter is on top of the engine on my pre-runner so it is easy to change it. Will drive it for another 5 K before changing the Oil and filter.:p:p:p
Do you still have the old filter? Cut it open and inspect it, you're looking for metal particles (engine wear).
Or as someone else mentioned, send it to Mobil and have them test it to tell you everything you need to know about what's going on inside your motor.

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do you still have the old filter? Cut it open and inspect it, you're looking for metal particles (engine wear).
Or as someone else mentioned, send it to Mobil and have them test it to tell you everything you need to know about what's going on inside your motor.
Thanks Coss, I have it and I will send it to Mobil. Once I receive results from Mobil Oil I will post them.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Oil Filter cutter looks like this

upload_2017-2-12_16-27-34.png

It cuts it the same as a tubing cutter.

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We use Mobil 1 in just about everything not only cars and trucks but heavy equipment .Honestly never had an oil analysis performed .Probably a good idea if there is any concern .
When buying a used crane I take my blind brother who has a talent in tasting oil .Have no idea if he's blowing smoke up my anus but he's never been wrong .:D

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
We use Mobil 1 in just about everything not only cars and trucks but heavy equipment .Honestly never had an oil analysis performed .Probably a good idea if there is any concern .
When buying a used crane I take my blind brother who has a talent in tasting oil .Have no idea if he's blowing smoke up my anus but he's never been wrong .:D
He taste's it? EWWWWWWW! That's a petroleum product. Goes he was it down with gas?

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Probably after he does the taste test, he runs around untill he runs out of gas?
If he runs out of gas quick, does that mean the oil is good?
I hope he doesn't run into anything.

Top Bottom