• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Vehicle Sales In The U.s., For October '14, Are Up

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
This from a weekly report from my financial advisor, listing interesting bits about the economy:

"Vehicle sales inched up 0.1% in October to a 16.3 million unit annual rate. The 12-month average of sales reached its highest level since 2007, and sales are up 7.0% from last year."

If memory serves, 2007 was the last full year before the recession hit. Economy continues to get stronger, and this is one sign. I thought it was interesting that Americans are buying new vehicles at the rate of 16.3 million per year.

There were roughly 211 million licensed drivers in the U.S. in 2012. Maybe bump it up to 215 million for today.

16.3 / 215 = about 7.6% of licensed drivers in the U.S. get a new car every year. No wonder there are so many car commercials. :)

And as a side note that interests many of us, my guess is that this does not include motorcycle sales.

Last edited:

BrianRosenthal

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
This from a weekly report from my financial advisor, listing interesting bits about the economy:

"Vehicle sales inched up 0.1% in October to a 16.3 million unit annual rate. The 12-month average of sales reached its highest level since 2007, and sales are up 7.0% from last year."

If memory serves, 2007 was the last full year before the recession hit. Economy continues to get stronger, and this is one sign. I thought it was interesting that Americans are buying new vehicles at the rate of 16.3 million per year.

There were roughly 227 million licensed drivers in the U.S. in 2012. Maybe bump it up to 230 million for today.

16.3 / 230 = about 7% of licensed drivers in the U.S. get a new car every year. No wonder there's so many car commercials. :)

And as a side note that interests many of us, my guess is that this does not include motorcycle sales.

Does that include used cars?

Top Bottom