• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Video: Paul Elio Presents To The Sec

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Video recorded on July 19, 2016
Have't watched this yet. Just showed up on YouTube.

"Published on Oct 26, 2016
SEC - Advisory Committee on Small and Emerging Companies Meeting July 19, 2016

Elio Motors Founder & CEO Paul Elio provides an update on the utilization of Regulation A+."

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
AWESOME!! Just watched the entire SEC meeting. Good answers, Paul! Smiles and compliments from many of the people on the committee! Thanks for posting this, Rob!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Video recorded on July 19, 2016
Have't watched this yet. Just showed up on YouTube.

"Published on Oct 26, 2016
SEC - Advisory Committee on Small and Emerging Companies Meeting July 19, 2016

Elio Motors Founder & CEO Paul Elio provides an update on the utilization of Regulation A+."
That's probably Paul's best show.

raptor213

Elio Addict
Reaction score
His comments about the turbo option at the very end are revealing.

It was reported over a year ago that IAV engineers had been tinkering on their own with the prospect of turbocharging the newly designed power plant outside the scope of their stated contractual obligations for design and engineering duties.

In the last year, it had been reported that Precision Turbo & Engine had been invited to and participated in a number of Supplier Summits.

In recent months, Paul himself made mention to Comau reserving an entire station on the assembly line specifically for installation of components associated with a turbocharger option.

In this July 19 SEC hearing, he made a passing remark in closing that 0-60 times are more than likely going to be just above the 10-second publicized target with the normally aspirated IAV engine, but that a turbocharged Elio is expected to achieve it in less than 5 seconds.

That suggests they have conducted more due diligence into researching the turbocharger option than avid Elio aficionados might have even presumed or that Elio Motors might have led us to believe. It sounded as though Paul had a very good idea what parts and components would likely be sourced (turbocharger, manifolds, gaskets, hoses, intercooler, mounting hardware, etc), if and how they would be configured and installed in the cramped space of the Elio engine compartment, and that detailed computer simulations or forecasts had been completed revealing anticipated performance metric improvements.

Bring on the Turbo Elio!

Last edited:

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Bring on the Turbo Elio!
If a factory turbo is offered from the get-go, it is something I definitely would consider. Not something I'm going to hope for, though. It's been pretty clearly stated that it wouldn't be in the first run.

However.... maybe the delays have been long enough that they've been able to slip in the design work to make it happen. Silver lining?

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If a factory turbo is offered from the get-go, it is something I definitely would consider. Not something I'm going to hope for, though. It's been pretty clearly stated that it wouldn't be in the first run.

However.... maybe the delays have been long enough that they've been able to slip in the design work to make it happen. Silver lining?

I would probably cry a little if that was the case, LOL. I am waiting for the turbo model and if I could reserve and lock in a low price on one right now, I would. An Elio with a 0-60 on the 5s range? TAKE MY MONEY!!!

I always thought of the Turbo as a separate model, it did not occur to me that it might be the same model but with a turbo option. If the engine internals all stay the same and the turbo option just adds the turbo, exhaust manifold, new injectors, reprogrammed ECU, piping, and maybe a small intercooler then I could see that as an option.

If that is the case and the turbo is available as an option for the first round of Elios, I reeeeally hope they announce it before the 65,000 lock-in cutoff!

Top Bottom