• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Visited The August 4th Event In Portland

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My post about my visit to the Elio Event today, at Washington Square, can be found here.

I forgot to add, they confirmed that the P5 would be RED. Not blue like in the current renderings and posters.
RED? Why? Was the vote EM had us do just a fake vote to make us feel better after the engine "first start" fiasco? Was it to make us feel like we were included and having a impact?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
There was a vote between Red and White because those were the two most vote getters after the first round of color choice.
At first it looked like White was leading the voting by a BUNCH! The filtered out the bogus votes and it was clear that Red was the winner.
Blue did not make it out of the first round along with Black and Green
Ekh started a thread on June 16th 2015 that had the link to the voting; in the first round you could vote 25 times; here's that thread <--Link

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There was a vote between Red and White because those were the two most vote getters after the first round of color choice.
At first it looked like White was leading the voting by a BUNCH! The filtered out the bogus votes and it was clear that Red was the winner.
Blue did not make it out of the first round along with Black and Green
Ekh started a thread on June 16th 2015 that had the link to the voting; in the first round you could vote 25 times; here's that thread <--Link
Recount! Recount! Who filtered out the so called bogus white votes?

I think the P5 body panels should be painted the rainbow of Elio colors. A color swatched P5.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
There was a litter sent out on 7-3-15; here's the part that covers what was said about the bogus votes:

"So, we held our word and went through every vote that was processed and made sure that each person was allowed only one. Let’s just say that there are a couple people out there that seem to have a lot of time on their hands, a lot of time meaning over 15,000 votes. Yes, that is 15 t-h-o-u-s-a-n-d votes. We hope that they actually did something that involved a computer program as opposed to one after another… love the passion and the time commitment at the very least. There were also people that had made over 1,500 (three) and a half a dozen over 500. Oh, and just so everyone knows, both sides, Marshmallow and Red Hot, were represented in the multi-voting, but the Marshmallow folks did WAY more creative voting.

[Broken External Image]
The winner for the P5 color poll – Red Hot! Thank you Silas for the picture

That said, the votes were counted and after taking out the multiple votes, the results flipped all the way around and Red Hot won in a decisive 60.3% to 39.7% victory. That is a great victory for Red Hot. It kind of feels like an underdog victory, but the people have spoken, and the results are true and real.

We appreciate all who took the time to vote and especially for all of your passion in this fun and light-hearted process!"

When you get 15,000 votes from one IP address I don't think you need a recount; it's pretty obvious they were faked.

Top Bottom