1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

Wall Street Journal Article On Ice

Discussion in 'Forum Rules, Site Suggestions, & Help' started by gottemfeathers, Jul 16, 2018.

1. gottemfeathers

gottemfeathers Elio Addict

I'm not sure how many of you folks read the Wall Street Journal but today (7/16/18) they have an article titled "Big Oil Reinvents Engines to Survive". It talks about how Saudi Arabian Oil Company wants a more efficient ICE to protect it's market share against electric vehicles. It says they have 30 engineers working on this in Novi Michigan. That's down the street from Livonia where Elio does it's engineering.

Net/net, I sent an email to Elio to alert them to the article and gave them the name of the Director of Saudi Aramco's Detroit Research Center (he is in charge of the project). Saudi Aramco has deep pockets and Elio's new engine and car may be what they are looking for. I don't know if anything will come of it but I'll let you know if I get a reply from Elio.

Sailor Dog, 84mpg, larryboy and 5 others like this.
  2. Made in USA

Made in USA Elio Addict

It's an interesting idea, but I wonder if Paul would go for a foreign investor? For some reason I doubt it.
    Still, it doesn't hurt to try.

Sailor Dog likes this.
  3. larryboy

larryboy Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    I think someone should give the director of Saudi Aramco's Detroit Research center a heads up WRT Elio. I will end up with some sort of EV or an Elio to do my runs to the post office, bank, library, hardware store etc. I would much prefer the Elio! I think this is a way the Elio can be made to happen. And, just in case the director of SADR does not want to just roll over and help produce the Elio, the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia should be clued in. I am pumped!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    Sailor Dog likes this.
  4. larryboy

larryboy Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    I don't think Paul can afford to discriminate against foreign investors. When he put stock up for sale it was for sale to anyone who was qualified. There are a hell of a lot of qualified investors on the Arabian peninsula!

Sailor Dog likes this.
  5. gottemfeathers

gottemfeathers Elio Addict

OK Here's what I sent to Elio and the reply they sent back:

Hi Elio,

I have a non-refundable deposit on an Elio with you and hope you can
    indeed begin production in 2019. I understand that the only thing
    holding you back is funding. Hopefully you caught the article in the
    Wall Street Journal today (first page of section B1, Monday July 16th)
    titled "Big Oil Reinvents Engines to Survive". The article says the
    story is based in Novi MI. Net/net, Saudi Arabian Oil wants a more
    efficient ICE to combat electric vehicles. It sounds like Elio and your
    newly designed engine are exactly what they are looking for. These folks
    have the money needed to fund Elio and get you into production.

In a world gone mad for electric vehicles Elio has the solution wanted by Saudi Arabian Oil.
    Please read the article and reach out to David Cleary, the head of Saudi
    Aramco's Detroit research center. They might just provide the funding to
    get Elio into productions quickly.

Thanks for listening!

Here's the reply that I got today:

Hello XXXX,

Thanks for the great article and taking the time to share it with us. It is very interesting, and the team has this on their list. We appreciate your support more than we can express.

Make sure to check out our blog at www.eliomotors.com/blog

Thank you,
    The Elio Team

Well at least Aramco's on Elio's radar and the 30 Aramco engineers are working 15 minutes away from Elio's engineering center. If I could, I would arrange a meeting for Elio to showcase their engine & vehicle.

6. larryboy

larryboy Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Thanks much both for your reply and for your efforts in the first place.

84mpg likes this.
  7. davzway

davzway Elio Fan

Reservation #:
    I SENT A LETTER TO ELIO THAT COMPANY SHOULD CONTACT APPLE (getting in car business, have $300 BILLION in cash surplus, and American)... unfortunately, considering money which went into Elio coffers, and distribution INTO Paul's pockets (through his engineering company) and the deal with investor who was 'leasing' GM plant from county.... ALL THAT MONEY SPENT, NOT ON PRODUCING CARS,,,, THE so called models was like 'SALTING' mine to sell mining stock.. did that in 1800's,,, Had reservation money as proof of support, HAD private funding,,, then needs some public funding,,, having read the LOAN papers for what was required to get 'government loan' like TESLA did,,, ELIO DID NOT QUALIFY AT ALL. JOKE IS ON SUPPORTERS, including another ALL IN believer.

8. mkiker2089

mkiker2089 Elio Addict

Investor, yes I think he would. He wants jobs, not isolation. Byrne will bring them in anyway.

Sailor Dog likes this.
  9. Travelbuzz1

Travelbuzz1 Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    4324 & investor
    Nothing should be off the table unless the investors would bring a unfavorable attention to the product line. Elio already has a past manager of the current administration election as its lobbying efforts if that is still going on. With this ElioCoin a far right contributor.

10. RSchneider

RSchneider Elio Addict

Eliocoin will be global. So technically 100% of their funding could come from somewhere like China. If that's the case, then we will all be happy.

Sailor Dog likes this.