• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Washington Post Trike Article

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio may have competition before one comes off the production line .An enclosed 3 wheeler with some creature comforts able to obtain 50 mpg and cost under $15000 will be the winner .

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The Tanom looks like a complete rip-off of the T-Rexx...about the same price too. That said, I'd love to have one.
Agreed, it looks like they took 80% of a T-Rexx body, but let the motorcycle with no front fork stick out further in back.
And here it is again, a pusher style which will spin out in a turn if you push it.
And ............... no doors ............. another fair weather expensive toy.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio may have competition before one comes off the production line .An enclosed 3 wheeler with some creature comforts able to obtain 50 mpg and cost under $15000 will be the winner .

Perhaps Tanom, Polaris, and Campagna will at some point take 80% of the Elio Concept and create a more affordable enclosed commuter model. It wouldn't take long for a current manufacturer to make some design/engineering mods on their high performance trikes to create a more functional commuter autocycle for the masses.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

such a vehicle would most certainly find a market but I think it would be much smaller than that of the potential market for an Elio .... being able to travel hours on end at interstate or higher speeds while getting exceptional gas mileage has great appeal to a great many people

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Typical East Coast journalism.
It's only news worthy if it happens in the I95 corridor
......"being able to travel hours on end at interstate or higher speeds"..........
What are interstate speeds?
My definition is 70 to 80+ MPH .... legally.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
......"being able to travel hours on end at interstate or higher speeds"..........
What are interstate speeds?
My definition is 70 to 80+ MPH .... legally.

we spent the summer in South Dakota where the interstate speed limit has been upped to 80 mph .... in NC, 70 mph is the highest I've seen .... on level ground an Elio should be able to cruise at either

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
we spent the summer in South Dakota where the interstate speed limit has been upped to 80 mph .... in NC, 70 mph is the highest I've seen .... on level ground an Elio should be able to cruise at either

Thanks for the clarification. Many people think it means only 60 or 65.
Once I leave the "High Fence" the limit is 75 and 80 MPH all the way to the nearest town.

Top Bottom